England's Glorious Failure

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were the Colombia manager and looking for something to fire up the team before the Engerlund game...I would simply play back what that twat just said on Radio5Live..."If we cant beat Colombia.....etc.,"

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

If I were the Colombia manager and looking for something to fire up the team before the Engerlund game...I would simply play back what that twat just said on Radio5Live..."If we cant beat Colombia.....etc.,"

It seemed to work for Peru and Iran when they played them that famous 'record' in 1978, so you may have a valid point there;)

Semi final predictions

Brazil v Argentina

England v Spain
Argentina, who've been pish for 2 years; who only scraped through qualifying in the 18th and final match thanks to some Messi genius against Ecuador and other results going their way; who got spanked 6-1 by Spain; who drew with Iceland; who got horsed by Croatia; who just squeezed past Nigeria; who appear to have a manager with only a fleeting understanding of football; are going to beat France and then Uruguay (who were miles ahead of them in qualifying and used them like a chew toy) or Portugal?

It might happen but I don't see a reason to predict it.

Semi final predictions

Brazil v Argentina

England v Spain
I hope you put money on it because that's a helluva long shot. No idea why Brazil continue to be favourites, they've been gutter as have Argentina.

FWIW I'm going for a Belgium vs Croatia final.

The bookies have Colombia at 3/1 just now. They've not been great but have won twice. England have had one real test and failed. 3s is a crazy price.

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I hope you put money on it because that's a helluva long shot. No idea why Brazil continue to be favourites, they've been gutter as have Argentina.

The bookies have Colombia at 3/1 just now. They've not been great but have won twice. England have had one real test and failed. 3s is a crazy price.

That was a kickabout.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
That was a kickabout.

Against Belgium reserves. And they failed.

Aye, England reserves lost to Belgium reserves, means f**k all, one of the hottest strikers in the tournament was busy getting skelves for 90 minutes.

The problem is Colombia.

They are world beaters on their day, but are just as likely to not give a f**k and bring nothing to the table.  Most World Cups they are the same in that respect.

I think Southgate messed up in changing his defence around. They hadn't been up against anyone decent and he should have given the same defence another game to gel. Different in midfield and attack to give fringe players a game. 

Big let off for the South Americans in potentially Spain v Croatia QF .. the two best midfields in the tournament.

Once more we see how slanted against European teams the WC is. 

Only 14 teams out of 32 in the competition are from Europe, and 10 of them qualified for the knockout stages.

As per usual the quarter finals will consist of around 6 of the 8 teams being from Europe.

Its obviously an excuse, but it is very much more difficult to qualify from Europe than anywhere else. 

10 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

A bloke in a pub who received a message from god or something

The wonderful thing about this is, the tat will increase in prominence as he gets fatter.

This deserves mocking.. 

10 hours ago, nsr said:

England plotting their route to the final when they haven't reached it in over 50 years is even more cringey than if we were sitting around guessing which teams we'd be drawn with in the group stages of WC 2022.

This does not. Every country, and fan group, on the planet will be plotting routes to the final and potential opponents, even those not there will be plotting things out themselves. 

9 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Switzerland would maul them.

You'd hope. They lack a striker good enough for a World Cup challenger though. 

3/1 is free money.

8 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Remind me which pundit said  when the possibility of players being rested was first muted that England had a "much stronger squad" than Belgium.

Keown.

Once more we see how slanted against European teams the WC is. 
Only 14 teams out of 32 in the competition are from Europe, and 10 of them qualified for the knockout stages.
As per usual the quarter finals will consist of around 6 of the 8 teams being from Europe.
Its obviously an excuse, but it is very much more difficult to qualify from Europe than anywhere else. 

But to be fair it’s a lot harder for everyone else to qualify for Euro 2020

So it’s swings and roundabouts

Keown.
The same fuckwit who slagged England the whole of the second half against Tunisia, criticising their lack of movement and creativity and then suddenly turning into their biggest supporter stating it was an excellent patient approach when Kane got the late winner.

You wonder if the England players hate their media as much as we do the way they big them up but can't wait to tear them down. And while we're talking about pundits, Jermaine Jenas has been doing my fucking tits in this world cup. Spouting pish as if he was ever anything other than an average midfielder.

Archived