Lidl in Giffnock

23 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Didn’t say it was a great deal, I said they were brilliant, as in the quality of the food. You get what you pay for, you want cheap slurp, go to one of the others ie Asda Tesco Morrison’s 

I think he's questioning your maths to be honest. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Wholefood was good for stuff for my daughter who had loads food allergies.

Lidl and Aldi checkouts too stressful for me!

I find the self service ones at Tesco/Asda etc too stressful, at Aldi and Lidl I enjoy the 'battle' of getting the stuff off the counter and into the trolley as quickly as its scanned.

Lidl are streets ahead of Aldi. Aldi can be like a jumble sale at times where you are looking through a basket of t shirts and you come across a swollen pack of mince that's about to explode. 
Tesco are the pikeys of the supermarket world though. I've been in many of their storerooms and they are by far the scruffiest least organised looking ones. In fairness to Tesco they have great reductions at times and I've seen trollies full of stuff for 9p each being wheeled out. Best you can get in Lidl is 30% off

I see it the other way around. I like Aldi but Lidl seems to be all over the place for me. They are pretty similar though.

Aldi and Lidl SHOULD be shops frequented by 'lower class' folk but (in Dumfries certainly) it's hoaching with middle class. We have two now. One in the posher area and one in the (better) 'lower class' area. I absolutely despise the posher one as manners appear to be missing from the middle class fuckers in this town. Unfortunately some of the arseholes are making it to our side of the town as well. I was in a few weeks back and there was a posh middle aged woman (the absolute worstcunts of society btw) who was queuing and had a pop at the lassie because there was only one till open. It was late evening and you're lucky if there were 10 folk in the whole store. The lassie rang for someone purely down to this auld c**t moaning and while someone was coming she dropped milk and it burst open (I think I was the only one who clocked this). She loaded up the conveyor, told the boy to wait as she had forgotten something, took the burst carton away and returned with a new one. Utter fucking cow. And yet had she picked up a burst carton, like the one she'll have left, she'd be the first to complain.

My hate for middle-aged posh woman really does run deep to the bone.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I see it the other way around. I like Aldi but Lidl seems to be all over the place for me. They are pretty similar though.

Aldi and Lidl SHOULD be shops frequented by 'lower class' folk but (in Dumfries certainly) it's hoaching with middle class. We have two now. One in the posher area and one in the (better) 'lower class' area. I absolutely despise the posher one as manners appear to be missing from the middle class fuckers in this town. Unfortunately some of the arseholes are making it to our side of the town as well. I was in a few weeks back and there was a posh middle aged woman (the absolute worstcunts of society btw) who was queuing and had a pop at the lassie because there was only one till open. It was late evening and you're lucky if there were 10 folk in the whole store. The lassie rang for someone purely down to this auld c**t moaning and while someone was coming she dropped milk and it burst open (I think I was the only one who clocked this). She loaded up the conveyor, told the boy to wait as she had forgotten something, took the burst carton away and returned with a new one. Utter fucking cow. And yet had she picked up a burst carton, like the one she'll have left, she'd be the first to complain.

My hate for middle-aged posh woman really does run deep to the bone.

Was in the Lidl in Granton a while back and both me the missus were shocked/amazed/fits of hysterics when we heard this posh female English accent scolding a child with "Eliza, that's sooooo unbecoming". I didn't notice what heinous crime against middle class values Eliza had committed unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Was in the Lidl in Granton a while back and both me the missus were shocked/amazed/fits of hysterics when we heard this posh female English accent scolding a child with "Eliza, that's sooooo unbecoming". I didn't notice what heinous crime against middle class values Eliza had committed unfortunately.

She probably suggested they forgo the Epoisses for some value Camembert.

Wee Eliza was taking a shit in the random crap aisle.

Why did wholefoods close?
Not enough custom? Too expensive for be locals?

Lidl is a bit cheaper and maybe more their level.

It was always busy when I went on a Saturday morning. The big problem was it's isolation - it was the only branch in Scotland and there really wasn't another one within about 200 miles. It made deliveries a pain as they'd be sending a lorry for 1 store. When Amazon bought them it decided that Glasgow just wasn't worth the logistical issue.

Always surprised me that Edinburgh never had one. Or some of the big cities in the north or England. Newcastle could support one. Leeds definitely could - it has a strong foodie culture. Manchester too.

17 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Partial to B&M's, Home Bargains etc too, who can say no to a Fray Bentos for a quid.

Me - Fray Bentos for quid - No thanks to horsemeat/dog food meat pie covered in crap pastry in a tin.

On 21/04/2018 at 22:27, Scary Bear said:

Are you vermin? As you’re a fellow Rovers fan I highly doubt that...but then I look at some of the beauts on our match threads and...it’s just so confusing.

Unless he's switched allegiances, chomp my root is a Dee. I am slightly concerned that this may be the case as he didn't correct you himself...

9 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I'm not saying Fray Bentos is haute cuisine but its a guilty pleasure with chips an beans. Apart from the snake and pigmy ones, they're rank.

Fray Bentos? f**k that.

Ann Davidson of Scone steak and sausage, steak and haggis, steak and black puddin or steak and white puddin. Mince rounds are great too. And the bombay sausage rolls.

Fray Bentos. Thats one step up from dog food.

Archived