Aberdeen v Hibernian

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Aberdeen to Edinburgh is a piece of piss.

2 hours door to door.

Appreciate it's not Edinburgh to Livingstone where you spunk your pants over taking 8,000 like. 

It's understandable though. There's far more motive to want to get out of Aberdeen and visit the countries grand capital.

Not so much the other way around.

48 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It's understandable though. There's far more motive to want to get out of Aberdeen and visit the countries grand capital.

Not so much the other way around.

Appreciate following your team is a new experience for some. 

9 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Appreciate following your team is a new experience for some. 

It's always a new experience in Aberdeenshire mate. Junkies, whoores, murderers and beggars. 7dTWNk4.png

1 hour ago, shootingboots said:

Aberdeen to Edinburgh is a piece of piss.

2 hours door to door.

Appreciate it's not Edinburgh to Livingstone where you spunk your pants over taking 8,000 like. 

Have you ever entertained the idea that, if people from our nation's glorious capital wanted to spend an afternoon looking at some stone buildings and listening to tales of triumphs from years ago, they'd turn on an episode of the Flintstones instead?

Have you ever entertained the idea that, if people from our nation's glorious capital wanted to spend an afternoon looking at some stone buildings and listening to tales of triumphs from years ago, they'd turn on an episode of the Flintstones instead?

[emoji122] [emoji122]

9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

All Hibs fans are uglier than John McGinn.

To be fair to Hibs fans, nobody is uglier than John McGinn.

Signed,

Liam H

2 minutes ago, Nastro said:

:lol::lol:  Neil Lennon  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Craig Levein.............sorry, couldn't find an emoji that looked enough like a man that shat it at Dens 30 years ago today

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Craig Levein.............sorry, couldn't find an emoji that looked enough like a man that shat it at Dens 30 years ago today

32 years.

Just now, Green Day said:

Oops, fat fingers. You are of course correct

:thumsup2 

Great day that :rolleyes:

Even though Hibs' best team picks itself at the moment, I reckon we could do with using the squad a bit in these last shree games. After half of a season of gegenpressing Fußball from the same 12/13 players, we're at the point where burnout is a danger imo. Everyone seemed to think the Killie game was some spectacle of amazing football. It was really good in an attacking sense but some of the attempts at pressing the ball/generally defending were absolutely miles off.  Reckon if we play to the same level in these games, someone will give us a shock.

The good thing is the squad is starting to look pretty healthy at the right time. Not all at once obviously but I wouldn't mind some of Porteous, Bartley, Slivka, Swanson, Barker or Shaw getting a start here and there. 

I find a good rule of thumb is when someone sneers at a supposed youngster on the internet, add '3' to whatever age they think is worthy of sneering at, and you're pretty close to their chronological age. It's 15-year olds that sneer at 12 year olds, and 18-year olds who feel the need to complain about 15-year olds, and so on.
It's due to the fact that people feel most insecure and most threatened by the types of people they think they're only slightly superior to. It works with social class, too (aristocrats don't bother to slag off the working classes; they leave that to the lower middle classes, etc).
I suspect Bob Mahelp is a bit older than 13 years old though, which makes me worried about his self-esteem.

Granny Danger slagged off one of my posts as “The kind of nonsense a 89 year old might come up with”

McLean will be a big miss - he has been our best player since January, and his passing range and game intelligence have been huge assets to us in recent weeks. He is a particularly big loss for this match as Hibs are so strong in midfield; and, just as with the 4-1 Aberdeen and 2-0 Hibs games from earlier this season, I expect the winner of the midfield battle to take the three points. I'm just relieved that Ball has played well over the last couple of games, so McInnes (hopefully) has no excuse for making us suffer O'Connor in the middle of the park. 

The more ambitious side of me would like to see McInnes sticking with a similar team and set-up to last Friday; Considine to left-back, Shinnie to central midfield, and everything else more or less unchanged. Hibs are, however, a very different proposition to Hearts - and, simply, a much better team at this moment in time, so a more pragmatic approach is likely. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cosgrove drop to the bench, with Christie back in and May deployed as the lone forward. 

Archived