Aberdeen v Hibernian

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With The Rangers having now sacked two managers and seeing their big signings not up to scratch and having their club captain and vice captain suspended. How could either of you put a positive spin on NOT finishing above them?

4 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

With The Rangers having now sacked two managers and seeing their big signings not up to scratch and having their club captain and vice captain suspended. How could either of you put a positive spin on NOT finishing above them?

Aberdeen 2nd, Hibs 3rd, Rangers 4th and Motherwell Scottish Cup winners would be glorious.

16 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

We won't have to.

but just in case, budget/establishment conspiracy.

1 hour ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Can’t see past a hibs win tomorrow. 

Got to agree with you on this.

As long as our fans slate McInnes on social media when the team is released, we should win the game. If not, and if just about everybody is happy with the line up, we will probably lose. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

As long as our fans slate McInnes on social media when the team is released, we should win the game. If not, and if just about everybody is happy with the line up, we will probably lose. 

Interesting analysis. I am taking my new scarf tomorrow, currently undefeated with said scarf. EZ win for the G&W

Guys on a serious note, there will be a minutes applause and banner unveiled in the 71st minute for one of our own (Phoenix) on Saturday.
Phoenix was one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet and I consider myself honoured to have know him.  Most Aberdeen supporters that frequent online forums will have had some form of interaction with him in the past, all the way back to the original "offishal site".

RIP Phoenix, taken far too young mate

Phoenixx ! - utter legend from AbMad heyday - never met him personally (I don’t think) but he always had a unique (and chilled out) perspective on everything - so sad to read that.......RIP

Serious post for a minute. Aberdeen gave us our biggest pumping this season last time we were up there. This is without doubt our toughest game so far. I always feel that even when Aberdeen aren’t at their best they still pull results out the bag. We’ll need another huge performance here, when did we last win in Aberdeen?

Ever since the semi final last season when Lennon said we were the 2nd best team in Scotland, you can tell he’s had his eye on Aberdeen. He said all season the aim was to close the gap to Rangers/Aberdeen once we sealed the top 6. We’ve done that imo but he’s not let us take our foot of the gas. I’m not overly bothered about the actual league position we finish in I’m just glad we’ve got big games all the way up to the end of the season. Nothing worse than having f**k all to get excited about the last 5/6 games, this one should be a belter.

Anyway...

43611429-1E24-4DBA-B812-7D2D8E9A7DFC.jpeg

The last time we won at Aberdeen was May 2nd 2012. A massive crowd of 5281 were packed into Pittodrie to watch superstars such as Scott Vernon and Sean O'Hanlon do battle in a massive bottom 6 clash.

《insert melanius mullarkey's Scott Gemmill picture》

The last time we won at Aberdeen was May 2nd 2012. A massive crowd of 5281 were packed into Pittodrie to watch superstars such as Scott Vernon and Sean O'Hanlon do battle in a massive bottom 6 clash.
《insert melanius mullarkey's Scott Gemmill picture》

I remember this game, my expat mate was over from Oz and took his son for his first ever Pittodrie experience - oh dear !

Son is away up on the train.

Every Hibs game is exciting just now because of the  crap we have suffered pre relegation apart from the odd period such as the golden generation who were all sold off.

We are now on the up and better managed from top to bottom. I hope this can be maintained for many seasons.

I've no problem with the Dons and wanted them to win in their hey day along with Dundee Utd as it broke the Rangers / Celtic duopoly. I was lucky enough to be a teenager during the Turnbulls Tornadoes era and I thought fitba would be like this every week. I can only imagine the Dons supporters thought the same during the Fergie era and Utd with Jim McLean.

What a great end to the season. Would be great if we finished 2nd but if not 3rd will do as long as both teams pip Rangers and Motherwell win the cup.

It's going to be interesting whatever happens today and with the Gerrard hype for next season and Aberdeens new stadium I think Scottish fitba is going to be great to watch.

The crowd / attendance stuff well over my lifetime (58)  the Glasgow 2 will always have the big support with Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen (whatever order you want) next best and then the rest trying their best. Hopefully,  the overall product will continue to improve and perhaps  the TV companies will even put more money into the game.

Enjoy the game today (pity it's not on TV) and may the best team win..........Hibs of course.

Archived