The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Very little in the Ayrshire Post. Junior cup final dominates the back page. McCall just encouraging fans to snap up season tickets ASAP and also saying how important the AU500 fund is.

it also says Michael Rose, Robbie Crawford, Declan McDaid, David Ferguson and Jamie Adams are next in line for re-signing talks meanwhile McCall is targetting a goalkeeper, two defenders and a midfield player. 

ETA: I’ve basically fucking translated the AP word for word after pie and bovril said the image was too big to post buts it’s posted anyway. FML. 

25605120-CF82-4821-9017-9916BD391419.jpeg

2 Things

1. No mention of Hart

2. You have the same worktop as every Marriott bathroom in the world

2 Things
1. No mention of Hart

Harts on holiday right now so maybe he’ll wait until he comes back.

Although it wouldn’t surprise me if he left.

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Harts on holiday right now so maybe he’ll wait until he comes back.

Although it wouldn’t surprise me if he left.

You'd imagine we would want to sign Hart again, otherwise we are in the market for 2 keepers, one probably unproven and cheap as a backup.  At least we know what he can do - id be perfectly happy having him as sub keeper and get the Irn Bru cup. He might want to leave and be a number 1 somewhere, but that would involve going part time surely so may be happy to stay as backup. 

Interesting q&a with Lachlan posted on the SRE facebook page.  Finances still a worry - plus he's said he isn't making any more donations.  We really need to get the crowds up.  Massive that we start well this season - I know quite a few folk same age as me who have stopped playing amateur / junior who are talking about going next season but obviously havent been regulars for 15 odd years - need to get folk like that hooked in. 

Interesting q&a with Lachlan posted on the SRE facebook page.  Finances still a worry - plus he's said he isn't making any more donations.  We really need to get the crowds up.  Massive that we start well this season - I know quite a few folk same age as me who have stopped playing amateur / junior who are talking about going next season but obviously havent been regulars for 15 odd years - need to get folk like that hooked in. 

Bit worrying about the donations but we realistically can’t keep asking him to bail us out.

Surely we’re not going down the untested level.

We should be looking at an experienced goalie.

Untested at this level isn’t necessarily bad, depends how good he was for Berwick but I know what you mean and would rather have someone we know will be dependable.

Would we not just keep Ellis hare-Reid for the bench?

Think he should be going out on loan to get some game time.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

2 Things

1. No mention of Hart

Giving the fact you know this I’m going to presume your a fan of the Marriott so will take this as a compliment. If it wasn’t a compliment then I’d like it noted that I stay with my mum and Dad and have no say in the kitchen interior. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Robbie McCrorie is the name I’ve heard.

Got POTY for Berwick this season and fairly recently signed a new deal with Rangers so must be highly rated there. 

However after the way Ross was treated while on loan with us I’d be pretty surprised if Rangers/his parents wanted him loaned out to us. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Would we not just keep Ellis hare-Reid for the bench?

Dangerous game, last year we had Hart and Avci. McCall clearly didn’t rate Avci so there was no competition for Hart. We need to get the goalkeeping situation spot on this year. 

In an ideal world Hart will stay as back up and we’ll sign a new number 1. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

That answer concerning the finances makes for pretty grim reading. 3000+ crowds seems unrealistic for now.

Our average this season was just over 1500, I think we should be aiming for around 2500 this season which I wouldn’t say is unrealistic.

Edit - maybe 2250 given some of the away supports won’t be great.

Our average this season was just over 1500, I think we should be aiming for around 2500 this season which I wouldn’t say is unrealistic.

Edit - maybe 2250 given some of the away supports won’t be great.

You couldn’t even get 2500 for your title decider yet you think you’ll get that in a relegation battle?