The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Partick Thistle (H)
Morton (A)
Albion Rovers (H)
Stenhousemuir (A)

Is that confirmed or just your preference?

Was hoping for a day out in Berwick, Annan or Stranraer tbf.

Quite glad we avoided Killie now especially with St Mirren also in that group.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is that confirmed or just your preference?

Was hoping for a day out in Berwick, Annan or Stranraer tbf.

Quite glad we avoided Killie now especially with St Mirren also in that group.

That’s my preference I was going on the understanding that we’d play one of the top 2 home and away and vice versa with the weaker 2. 

Fixtures get released week starting June 4th. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Very good group which gives us a brilliant opportunity to have another good start to the season. We definitely have a chance of getting through since there's no premiership teams and can see Partick using it as a Pre-Season.

Was hoping for Stranraer at the end instead of Stenhousemuir but they'll do.

When does it get announced who we play home and away. Would take the same fixtures as 'ayrunitedfw' has come up with.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s my preference I was going on the understanding that we’d play one of the top 2 home and away and vice versa with the weaker 2. 

Fixtures get released week starting June 4th. 

Shitey group but all perfectly decent away days TBF.

1 hour ago, sci-fi said:

Shitey group but all perfectly decent away days TBF.

Aye, they all have their perks. What’s the pub called in Greenock that’s very popular with both home and away fans? You have to go up a flight of stairs to get into it. 

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ryan Scully released by Partick. Would’ve been around when McCall was there.

I’m starting to feel like Ally whenever I suggest a signing now.

Was never overly impressed with Scully when I seen him for Dunfermline a few years back.

Not many keepers about though. 

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was crap whenever he played against us, I'd hope he had come on a lot if we were to sign him.  Would take Booth though. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What’s the pub called in Greenock that’s very popular with both home and away fans? You have to go up a flight of stairs to get into it. 

Norseman. 

He was crap whenever he played against us, I'd hope he had come on a lot if we were to sign him.  Would take Booth though. 

That the left back?

See Bannigan has been given a contract to August to prove his fitness. Would’ve been a great signing had he been fit but with our track record of signing injury prone players and McCall being an admirer who knows.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That the left back?

See Bannigan has been given a contract to August to prove his fitness. Would’ve been a great signing had he been fit but with our track record of signing injury prone players and McCall being an admirer who knows.

Yes, he is ok and we need an ok left back.  

It's a lengthy list of players being released from Partick and i'm pretty sure a few could do a job but anyone would probably have to reduce their wage to come to us.

Did a Partick fan not come on here last week and say McCall was interested in Scully.

Also Partick still got some extremely good players on paper which they appear to be keeping for next season.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can do better than Scully. Can only assume that he was our back-up for so long because Archibald couldn't be arsed finding another keeper/he had incriminating pictures of him. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see him in League 1/2 next season.

50 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Being released by Thistle doesn’t mean quality!

Correct. Better hope that McCall doesn't try and sign Nisbet for you again. ;)

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'd be surprised if Booth were to join you. Be some signing if McCall were to pull it off though. Are Ayr Utd F/T or P/T these days?

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That the left back?

To call him injury prone is an understatement. He's barely featured for us in the last two years. I do think it'd be beneficial for him to play elsewhere, even if it is only on loan. I remember him having a solid loan spell at Ayr before he broke into our first team if I am correct? Plus McCall knows him. Decent combination. Could always pair him up with Gary Fraser. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Dundee are after Booth as a replacement for Kevin Holt who's not been offered a new contract, would take Holt tbh.

Dundee are after Booth as a replacement for Kevin Holt who's not been offered a new contract, would take Holt tbh.

QoTS apparently interested to replace Marshall.

Wonder where he’s off to...

Chat from my Thistle mates is the same on Scully. Unused back up whose level these days would be League 1 or 2. Must be a short list of realistic goalkeeping targets though. Sure McCall has talked to his No.1 target, just not sure who it is...

Chat from my Thistle mates is the same on Scully. Unused back up whose level these days would be League 1 or 2. Must be a short list of realistic goalkeeping targets though. Sure McCall has talked to his No.1 target, just not sure who it is...

I’d be very surprised if McCall hasn’t spoken to the majority of his targets let alone a goalkeeper.

He wouldn’t have went away on holiday without preparing for next season.

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be very surprised if McCall hasn’t spoken to the majority of his targets let alone a goalkeeper.

He wouldn’t have went away on holiday without preparing for next season.

McCrorie is the only name I've heard from the outer reaches of the inner sanctum. It's a worryingly crucial signing for this level, no problem with keeping the majority of the existing squad if we can sign the right keeper.