The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t understand why the article says he turned down an offer from Brechin. Unless Brechin are being really ambitious why would they have made him an offer? Maybe the Record mean he turned down an offer from Morton?

Why not, if you only go for players at your level, that's where you stay (at best).  

The deals not done yet and we're only going by a newspaper rumour from the Daily Record, think we should just wait and see if it actually happens.

There's still an opportunity for someone else to come in and pinch him, if there even is a contract from us on the table for him.

If the Ayrshire Post has this possible deal in it then it'll be more believable.

The daily record run the Ayrshire post I think

Guys like Lamie and O’Ware were in that same side and got big moves. According to some Morton fans Murdoch is just as big a miss as those two and think he can play at a higher level.

Yes, Lamie and O’Ware moved on whereas Murdoch was released.

I said he would be a great signing, however if you look at the facts he was released by a lower end team in this league last season so why wouldn’t Brechin take a punt on getting him.

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If we get the players linked and Ferguson signed back up we are looking at a squad like this personally it looks pretty good to me I'd hope with this lot we would be top half not fighting relegation Screenshot_20180625-191751_Samsung%20Notes.jpg

So with the addition of Andy Murdoch you'd be expecting to finish above five other teams? You're going to be dissapointed. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

So with the addition of Andy Murdoch you'd be expecting to finish above five other teams? You're going to be dissapointed. 

I think with or without him we will be safe from relegation this year.  Should finish above lesser teams like Dunfermline and Morton anyway. 

Being positive, honestly I'd take 8th right now but we have a settled squad and with a few additions McRorie, Murdoch and Harvey I think we can do better than settle for a relegation dog fight.

If we get the players linked and Ferguson signed back up we are looking at a squad like this personally it looks pretty good to me I'd hope with this lot we would be top half not fighting relegation 5b3132525030a_Screenshot_20180625-191751_Samsung20Notes.thumb.jpg.ce2989232d93fe7c490d21cc2724643b.jpg

I’d want another centre half on top of that but I’d be happy with that squad. Certainly much stronger than the likes of Alloa and QoTS.

30 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If we get the players linked and Ferguson signed back up we are looking at a squad like this personally it looks pretty good to me I'd hope with this lot we would be top half not fighting relegation Screenshot_20180625-191751_Samsung%20Notes.jpg

If we’ve got Ross McCrorie in nets then I’d say we’re probably fucked. 

I genuinely like Ayr especially with all the ex pars players and McCall but being honest the championship is a major step up for the majority of that squad the age they are at.

Shankland,  McDaid and Moffat could push for top half but the rest no. The last time you had some real quality in harkins and still you weren’t good enough. Would be good to see Ayr stay up though, proper football side and an oldskool ground that you hardly see any more.

I genuinely like Ayr especially with all the ex pars players and McCall but being honest the championship is a major step up for the majority of that squad the age they are at. Shankland,  McDaid and Moffat could push for top half but the rest no. The last time you had some real quality in harkins and still you weren’t good enough. Would be good to see Ayr stay up though, proper football side and an oldskool ground that you hardly see any more.

The last time we weren’t far away and had zero pace whatsoever anywhere. Harkins was rotten and Nicky Devlin was our best forward player from right back.

I wouldn’t really disagree with the players you have mentioned. I would add Crawford to that list. Others have potential to do so - mainly Moore and Rose. We would need to get another couple in that are capable of that level, e.g. Harvey and Murdoch.

Forgot about Devlin, probably the best full back outside of hibs that season. I see he’s played an entire season for Walsall. 

Yeah he seems to have done well! Always knew he would, improved the defensive side of his game hugely in his last couple of seasons for us. Despite some of our fans saying he was caught out of position too often in his last season - as he was single handedly trying to provide us with an attacking threat.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I think with or without him we will be safe from relegation this year.  Should finish above lesser teams like Dunfermline and Morton anyway. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d want another centre half on top of that but I’d be happy with that squad. Certainly much stronger than the likes of Alloa and QoTS.

I'd agree with you having a far stronger squad than Alloa and I can see you finishing above Qots, what other three sides are you then finishing above though? 

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The last time we weren’t far away and had zero pace whatsoever anywhere. Harkins was rotten and Nicky Devlin was our best forward player from right back.

I wouldn’t really disagree with the players you have mentioned. I would add Crawford to that list. Others have potential to do so - mainly Moore and Rose. We would need to get another couple in that are capable of that level, e.g. Harvey and Murdoch.

I still don't get the hype with Crawford at all tbh, I wasn't particularly keen on the idea of is signing McDaid either. Couldn't comment on Rose and I've not really seen Moore since he had that head injury. 

There's allot to be said for keeping a settled squad from a winning season, however over a season, and when you hit a rut I can see the lack of quality starting to shine through. In highlights your defence(All of it, not just the keeper) looked an absolute shambles, are Bell and Adams good enough for this level? Geggan looked howling in the playoffs, that midfield looks really similar to the one that didn't do great at this level a couple of seasons ago, but with added Kerr who really struggled last season. Upfront you look good though, while Shankland didn't do great at the championship last time people seem to forget that it was considered a coup for St Mirren to get him because he'd done really well on loan with them. 

I'll have a physical confrontation with anyone that doesn't appreciate Moffat.