The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Screenshot-2018-6-20 Pie and Bovril ( pieandbov) Twitter.png

A similar table to above but listing players lost / released may give a more realistic balance, as I think most Ayr fans would have been extremely pleased to have re-signed most of last seasons squad.

Dundee Utd  and Falkirk may have signed 9 players and Dunfermline 7, however how many of last seasons squad have left their clubs and how many would these clubs have retained if given the choice ???

If we have McCrorie and Harvie signed up for the start of the betfred cup on 14th July i'll be very happy, wouldn't be too surprised if there's one possible final signing as late as August.

Was Kyle Turner from Stranraer ever a realistic prospect of being signed or was it just a rumour with their financial position meaning they'd maybe need to get him off the books.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

If we have McCrorie and Harvie signed up for the start of the betfred cup on 14th July i'll be very happy, wouldn't be too surprised if there's one possible final signing as late as August.

Was Kyle Turner from Stranraer ever a realistic prospect of being signed or was it just a rumour with their financial position meaning they'd maybe need to get him off the books.

Around Christmas the rumour was that we were in for him and Bell, think McCall was looking for reinforcements throughout the squad due to the injury issues. Not sure if he would have been viewed as a long term prospect or short term fix though. 

Back to the topic of signings, if/when McCrorie and Harvie are announced, we still won’t have made a permanent new signing. Surely, with they 2 being loans, there must be a budget for at least 2 new signings? Considering all we’ve had is players re-sign and Hart, Reid, Boyle have been let go.
Don't forget the increase in wages for a lot of the players (especially shankland).

5b2a547b66077_Screenshot-2018-6-20PieandBovril(pieandbov)Twitter.png.e6ac0e52aaa0cff6d1a88e3eefdd8986.png
When you look at that it is concerning but on the other hand we haven't released/lost many players we have a squad who are used to playing together and if all the AU Media interviews are to be believed are very close and fight for each other, I'm glad we haven't ripped the heart out of the squad ( no pun intended )

18 hours ago, WATTOO said:

A similar table to above but listing players lost / released may give a more realistic balance, as I think most Ayr fans would have been extremely pleased to have re-signed most of last seasons squad.

Dundee Utd  and Falkirk may have signed 9 players and Dunfermline 7, however how many of last seasons squad have left their clubs and how many would these clubs have retained if given the choice ???

Using the Narey's Toepoker website - number of players out:

INVERNESS - 5  (IN 5) (0)

AYR UNITED - 6  (IN 0) (-6)

MORTON - 12  (IN 6) (-6)

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH - 12  (IN 2) (-10)

FALKIRK - 14 (IN 9) (-5)

ROSS COUNTY - 14 (IN 5) (-9)

DUNFERMLINE - 15 (IN 8) (-7)

ALLOA ATHLETIC - 15 (IN 4) (-9)

DUNDEE UNITED - 17 (IN 9) (-8)

PARTICK THISTLE - 17 (IN 3) (-14)

Using the Narey's Toepoker website - number of players out:
INVERNESS - 5  (IN 5) (0)
AYR UNITED - 6  (IN 0) (-6)
MORTON - 12  (IN 6) (-6)
QUEEN OF THE SOUTH - 12  (IN 2) (-10)
FALKIRK - 14 (IN 9) (-5)
ROSS COUNTY - 14 (IN 5) (-9)
DUNFERMLINE - 15 (IN 8) (-7)
ALLOA ATHLETIC - 15 (IN 4) (-9)
DUNDEE UNITED - 17 (IN 9) (-8)
PARTICK THISTLE - 17 (IN 3) (-14)

Surprised at Partick not making many signings yet, maybe going with a lot of kids.

See Livingston got a civic reception from the council meanwhile we're still waiting for a 'combined' one with about every sports team in South Ayrshire, says enough about local 'support' from the council.

If we ever plan to re-develop somerset in any way that'll be farcical trying to deal with the council.

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See Livingston got a civic reception from the council meanwhile we're still waiting for a 'combined' one with about every sports team in South Ayrshire, says enough about local 'support' from the council.

If we ever plan to re-develop somerset in any way that'll be farcical trying to deal with the council.

I enjoyed our promotion from the 3rd tier of Scottish Football, don't really feel its worth a Civic Reception.  Promotion to the top tier would be a different proposition.

Why should the Council bend over backwards to help a Private Limited Company.  Have to add that if the Application to re-develop Somerset Park was sensible enough, it would be treated on its merits accordingly. 

I enjoyed our promotion from the 3rd tier of Scottish Football, don't really feel its worth a Civic Reception.  Promotion to the top tier would be a different proposition.

Why should the Council bend over backwards to help a Private Limited Company.  Have to add that if the Application to re-develop Somerset Park was sensible enough, it would be treated on its merits accordingly. 

I don’t feel the need for a civic reception, however something as simple as a tweet of celebration would be helpful.

I think it’s surely pretty obvious why a local council should help out their local football team.

22 hours ago, WATTOO said:

United have released 19, 2 of whom would have been retained if given the choice (I presume) - Mohsni and Fraser.