The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Ayr were superb and unplayable at times tonight, the interchange of play between Shankland, Moffat, Forrest, Murdoch and McGuffie was a joy to behold and the link up for Moffats first goal was like watching Barca at their best.

The whole team were great and Harvie was also a stand out performer.

Ok, maybe I'm getting a wee bit carried away but we really were excellent.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Ayr were superb and unplayable at times tonight, the interchange of play between Shankland, Moffat, Forrest, Murdoch and McGuffie was a joy to behold and the link up for Moffats first goal was like watching Barca at their best.

The whole team were great and Harvie was also a stand out performer.

Ok, maybe I'm getting a wee bit carried away but we really were excellent.

You're allowed to get carried away, we were a joy to watch for large spells of the game.

McGuffie is going to be another Gary Teale isn’t he? Absolutely unstoppable when he’s on the ball, skinning defenders for fun but can’t shoot to save himself.

Some of his one touch football today linking up with Moffat, Forrest and Crawford was a joy to watch. Never thought finishing would be his weakness after scoring probably one of the best Ayr goals I’ve seen against Hibs but maybe he didn’t have enough time to overthink it that day.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McGuffie is going to be another Gary Teale isn’t he? Absolutely unstoppable when he’s on the ball, skinning defenders for fun but can’t shoot to save himself.

Some of his one touch football today linking up with Moffat, Forrest and Crawford was a joy to watch. Never thought finishing would be his weakness after scoring probably one of the best Ayr goals I’ve seen against Hibs but maybe he didn’t have enough time to overthink it that day.

I just thought he was putting too much pace on them, if he picked his spot he scores.

What happend to Geggan and Docherty tonight? Geggan was supposed to be starting and Docherty was supposed to be on the bench.
We were outstanding tonight. 

From the North Terrace it looked like Geggan went down in the warm up. The physio was over talking to him and he went back inside. Never actually noticed he wasn’t playing until Ferguson got on the ball. I’m quite glad he didn’t put Doc on. After we went 4 up Stenny seemed more interested in taking bodies instead of trying to get a goal back. Could’ve been at least 2 red cards tonight.

Was more surprised at him not putting McCowan on the bench.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

From the North Terrace it looked like Geggan went down in the warm up. The physio was over talking to him and he went back inside. Never actually noticed he wasn’t playing until Ferguson got on the ball. I’m quite glad he didn’t put Doc on. After we went 4 up Stenny seemed more interested in taking bodies instead of trying to get a goal back. Could’ve been at least 2 red cards tonight.

Was more surprised at him not putting McCowan on the bench.

No academy players on the bench at all, were they playing in another game tonight or something?

Did anyone else think young Doohan dealt with everything that came his way like a seasoned goalie.

Seemed incredibly calm and composed whenever a cross went into the box. Didn’t faze him either when receiving back passes and apart from once or twice his kick outs were great.

Made a good save from a corner as well and managed to hold on to it.

We might only be praising him for doing the basics but after last season I’m delighted we’ve got someone who can do all of that.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I found it really nice first half when Doohan made a kind of simple stop and the whole place erupted into applause.  

After last season, it'll take the fans a wee while to get used to that. 

Did anyone else think young Doohan dealt with everything that came his way like a seasoned goalie.
Didn't have many saves to make but his distribution was excellent, in terms of physicality he reminds me of David de Gea when he first signed for Man U (not comparing skill level)

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
38 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Didn't have many saves to make but his distribution was excellent, in terms of physicality he reminds me of David de Gea when he first signed for Man U (not comparing skill level)

I hope not, took Dr Gea a while to rise above mediocrity in a United shirt.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I hope not, took Dr Gea a while to rise above mediocrity in a United shirt.

Yeah, after a £18.9 million price tag, he was probably keeking himself for a while, trying to justify his price tag. Nerves would have ate him alive for a while. Now look at him, best keeper on the planet (debatable). Tonight I could see the same presence in Doohan for Ayr. 

Doohan today, was just fantastic. Certainly looked happy between the sticks and contributed more for the team than what I've seen from a keeper in a good couple of years at Somerset. You can see why Celtic signed him for four years, definitely a future Premier league player. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

How's Andy Murdoch doing for you guys?

Been a class act for us in all 3 games so far. I get that McKinnon wants to bring his own guys in but I can’t believe Morton released him. 

I thought Forrest was marginally our best player last night but to be honest they were all great, on an even happier note a couple of us were round at the shop about 10 mins before kick off in order to buy our new tops and there was a large queue all doing the same, not to mention a few season ticket purchases just in the couple of minutes we were in there.

There's a real buzz about Somerset just now that I've not seen or felt since the height of the Barr era.