The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'd be very, very surprised / shocked if he walked away from this very exciting young Ayr team that he has playing EXACTLY how he wants, he's also got a great working relationship with the Chairman / Owner who's backed him all the way, the club has no debt and is currently flying high at the top of the league. The fans are happy, the team are happy and basically Somerset must be a great place to be right now.

WHY, would he even consider leaving to go to anywhere, let alone a team lying at the bottom of the league with serious issues both on the park and in the boardroom ??

Still, they do say it's a funny old game.......................

2 minutes ago, hoodless said:

"flying high at the top of the league. "

Joint top after 3 games....sake

Better than being bottom with no points, surely !!!

ps And a League Cup Quarter Final tie at Ibrox to look forward to....................

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd be very, very surprised / shocked if he walked away from this very exciting young Ayr team that he has playing EXACTLY how he wants, he's also got a great working relationship with the Chairman / Owner who's backed him all the way, the club has no debt and is currently flying high at the top of the league. The fans are happy, the team are happy and basically Somerset must be a great place to be right now.

WHY, would he even consider leaving to go to anywhere, let alone a team lying at the bottom of the league with serious issues both on the park and in the boardroom ??

Still, they do say it's a funny old game.......................

I don't know him personally to say I'd be shocked, as with anyone with a past like his, the smallest most innocuous thing could make him walk, it all comes down to how well he's really doing in his own head.

22 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

McCall put the 'come chase me' message out to Falkirk live on the radio. If you think he's not going to leave through loyalty you're crazy. If the money is right he'll be off.

so why don't you make the money right

Out of interest, what did McCall actually say on the radio that makes people think he’s off?   On the face of it, he’d be nuts to walk away from Ayr at this point.  His biggest regret (in management at least) seems to be walking away from Partick when he’d built a good team and then had to watch as McNamara took the credit.  That seems to be a choice that was imposed on him due to personal issues.  Choosing to give up on Ayr when he doesn’t have to would be an odd move..  Unless he knows Shankland is away in the next couple of days, which might influence his thinking :-(