The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I don't know him personally to say I'd be shocked, as with anyone with a past like his, the smallest most innocuous thing could make him walk, it all comes down to how well he's really doing in his own head.

I think it comes down to where he sees himself in the future.

If he has ambitions to manage at the top level again, then Falkirk (probably) offer a better opportunity to polish his CV.

He's done brilliantly with Ayr but when your better players start getting snapped up will he be able to sustain it? He may think he's taken you about as high as he can and that the best he can aim for in future is to consolidate you into a decent Championship side. A bit like QOS in recent years.

Whereas if he turns Falkirk around he could envisage establishing us in the Premiership, which would give him more exposure and make him more attractive to future suitors.

All speculation on my part of course. I have no idea where he sees himself and he may be quite content to remain at a club where, if he keeps this level of success up, he'll be considered a legend for years to come.

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

If he has ambitions to manage at the top level again, then Falkirk (probably) offer a better opportunity to polish his CV.

He's done brilliantly with Ayr but when your better players start getting snapped up will he be able to sustain it? He may think he's taken you about as high as he can and that the best he can aim for in future is to consolidate you into a decent Championship side. A bit like QOS in recent years.

Whereas if he turns Falkirk around he could envisage establishing us in the Premiership, which would give him more exposure and make him more attractive to future suitors.

All speculation on my part of course. I have no idea where he sees himself and he may be quite content to remain at a club where, if he keeps this level of success up, he'll be considered a legend for years to come.

Nah, things are different if you've genuinely got a good recovery from a serious addiction.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Premier league bound ??

Funnily enough, Partick are the club he might go to.  Seems to have a real soft spot for them, or maybe a sense of unfinished business.  Archibald seems to have steadied the ship a bit, so don’t seem him getting binned in the short term.

2 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I've learnt over the last few weeks of this story and the transfer window, that there are some clear benefits to being shite at this time of year! Will hopefully relax come midnight tomorrow.

It's just another day when you're shite, I've not got a clean mug or spoon of any description left, I'll die if I don't get 20 or 30 coffees down me today.

I knew when McCall had a black coffee the other week there that he was on the right track.

47 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There's only one job that McCall wants, and it's not the Falkirk one.