The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, AyrUnitedPodcast said:

New episode of the podcast is up folks, Part 2 with Duncan Carmichael. Give me a shout if you have any ideas for guests or episodes. Thanks :) 

Twitter - twitter.com/AyrUtdPodcast
Facebook - www.facebook.com/AyrUnitedPod
Email - ayrunitedpodcast@gmail.com

Guessing those big peaks in the soundwave are where the topic turned to the new badge.

Was anyone else in the club shop last night?
It was packed, good to see some of the players (Shankland, McGuffie, Moffat and Docherty) and Duncan Carmichael was signing his new book.
Great vibe about the place just now. :thumsup2
Was there last night good to see the players who in the most don't stay local giving up there free time, I honestly think this is the best atmosphere at the club in the time I have been a supporter even if we fall away I hope this new bond between the club and supporters continues for a long **** it sumtimes felt the fans were a distraction to the club but thst all seams to have changed.

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 hours ago, Trogdor said:
Was anyone else in the club shop last night?
It was packed, good to see some of the players (Shankland, McGuffie, Moffat and Docherty) and Duncan Carmichael was signing his new book.
Great vibe about the place just now. :thumsup2

Was there last night good to see the players who in the most don't stay local giving up there free time, I honestly think this is the best atmosphere at the club in the time I have been a supporter even if we fall away I hope this new bond between the club and supporters continues for a long **** it sumtimes felt the fans were a distraction to the club but thst all seams to have changed.

I've not watched anything that would suggest this will happen, the bookies odds on favourites were on the verge of a scudding until the weather changed at half time, time to look for more from our team when we drop points rather than expecting/waiting for them to start going on the slide, the fans need to start believing as much as the players and management appear to.

I've not watched anything that would suggest this will happen, the bookies odds on favourites were on the verge of a scudding until the weather changed at half time, time to look for more from our team when we drop points rather than expecting/waiting for them to start going on the slide, the fans need to start believing as much as the players and management appear to.
Defo agree but I'm sure we will have a few fair weather supporters who will go back to moaning if we loose a few. I have said it for weeks now I can't see us finishing out the top 2 never mind top 4 if we don't go up automatically there is nothing to fear in the playoffs, this team could easily scudd Dundee, Hamilton or St Mirren.

What's up with the injury situation? These three (but Adams and Kerr in particular) seem to have just grown and grown. Are we literally guessing on when they'll be fit?

In terms of strengthening in January, I think we need another option when teams sit in against us and make things difficult.

Maybe another number 10 option?

27 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What's up with the injury situation? These three (but Adams and Kerr in particular) seem to have just grown and grown. Are we literally guessing on when they'll be fit?

In terms of strengthening in January, I think we need another option when teams sit in against us and make things difficult.

McCall said in the interview today that Kerr and Adams should be back for Falkrik game (5th Jan).

Forrest is to go for a scan this week on his groin andMcCall  gave the impression he might have to get  an operation so wouldn't expect him back any time soon.

Adams and Kerr should be back for the Falkirk game. Forrest will be a bit longer.

McCall has talked the January recruitment down in the last week but I think Cameron will make money available. I think we need a winger, a centre back and now perhaps a number 10 like you say.

We’ve had one win in the last 5 and the only two games we scored more than one in were the Dundee Utd and Ross County games. I’ve not seen us break a team down yet and I’d hoped bringing Moffat back would sort this out.

Apparently in McGlynns interview today the boy Armstrong at Raith is unlikely to sign on so he’s a potential option.

We don't need a No 10. We have Moffat. We need a Ross Stewart type to give us another option up top. 

I agree regarding a centre half.

Not too sure about another winger though. Doubt McCall will ever start two wingers he prefers Crawford and/or Geggan on one wing or on both wings (perish the thought!!).

We don't need a No 10. We have Moffat. We need a Ross Stewart type to give us another option up top. 
I agree regarding a centre half.
Not too sure about another winger though. Doubt McCall will ever start two wingers he prefers Crawford and/or Geggan on one wing or on both wings (perish the thought!!).
Don't get me wrong, I love moffat. But he's not really delivering when teams limit the space against us. We're really struggling in these games.

Yesterday in the last 10 minutes the game broke open a wee bit and we looked a bit more threatening.

We certainly need a different option going forward if we're going to win this thing.

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

It’s a tough league! I’m just pleased that we’re picking up points every week.

Hard to run away with the title without beating anyone!

3 minutes ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Would anyone take a punt on David Goodwillie? Controversial obviously with all the baggage but on the Park he’s undeniably a quality striker.

No, the negative pr associated with such a move would set us back more than it would gain us on the park!

The club and fans are in a good place just now. That signing would cause division amongst the support and club.