The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He stays in Ayr unless he’s still staying in the flat he was in Dunfermline but I doubt it.
Anyone listen to Shankers on Off the Ball? Fancy summarising what was said so I don’t need to listen to that w**k Cosgrove. 

Cosgrove wasn’t on but Ray Bradshaw (his replacement) wasn’t much better.

Didn’t say anything special. Just that if he’s going to move in January it’ll be entirely up to Cameron. Played down the interest from Rangers and didn’t rule out a move to Celtic but joked that a move to Killie wouldn’t be the wisest.

Apparently McCall was left waiting in a Silverburn car park to meet Shankland two seasons ago when he decided on the way to sign for Morton after Duffy rang him at the last minute.

He stays in Ayr unless he’s still staying in the flat he was in Dunfermline but I doubt it.
Anyone listen to Shankers on Off the Ball? Fancy summarising what was said so I don’t need to listen to that w**k Cosgrove. 
Cosgrove is far more interesting to listen to than cowan! But the guy replacing him today was pretty snidey towards shankland I thought.

Trying to get him to say something daft, wee digs about things. Really annoyed me.

Shankland stuck to the footballer interview script for the most part but let his guard down a bit when it became more banter. He just came across as a typical young footballer.

Cosgrove is far more interesting to listen to than cowan! But the guy replacing him today was pretty snidey towards shankland I thought.

Trying to get him to say something daft, wee digs about things. Really annoyed me.

Shankland stuck to the footballer interview script for the most part but let his guard down a bit when it became more banter. He just came across as a typical young footballer.

Don’t rate either Cowan or Cosgrove. I’ll tune in to find out who’s on and if they don’t interest me I’ll turn it off.

My comment about Cosgrove was a bit of tongue and cheek, I do enjoy listening to off the ball on the way home from a game. He did however say he isn’t the biggest fan of us due to us beating St Johnstone in their last every game at their old stadium. 

Shankland said "to be fair" in every sentence he said. Didn't really say much of note. Said it is really up to Cameron if he goes in the window or not. Maybe talked himself out of any future move to Celtic today though. 

Best case, we'll get a large offer from a club down south, they loan him back till the end of the season. their manager gets sacked and we get him on loan the whole of the following year.

Worst case, we knock back a derisory offer from Rangers, he goes in the huff and moves there in the summer for free. 

It wouldn't annoy me if he went to a club down south for free but one of the old firm taking one of the brightest young talents in Scottish football for free would. 

15 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
16 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:
The gossip is that Armstrong will sign for Falkirk

Surely at this point we are a better prospect than Falkirk (if Mcall is interested) would be interesting if Falkirk can offer more money than us

I'd think Falkirk have a much higher budget than ourselves as they're an established top level Championship side, have spent lots of time in the Premier in recent seasons and have a home gate more than double ourselves.

I appreciate that we've got a shot at the title and money may become available, but equally Falkirk will need to do everything in their power to avoid relegation which would be a potential disaster for them.

I'd reckon that other than Alloa we've probably got the smallest budget in the league, although maybe not that far behind the likes of QOS & Morton.

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd think Falkirk have a much higher budget than ourselves as they're an established top level Championship side, have spent lots of time in the Premier in recent seasons and have a home gate more than double ourselves.

I appreciate that we've got a shot at the title and money may become available, but equally Falkirk will need to do everything in their power to avoid relegation which would be a potential disaster for them.

I'd reckon that other than Alloa we've probably got the smallest budget in the league, although maybe not that far behind the likes of QOS & Morton.

I'd be very surprised if QoS have a bigger budget than Ayr.  We apparently spunked a large part in signing Harkins. Now he's gone there may be some cash to spare (assuming there was no severance payment). Assuming everyone is fit we're operating with a squad of about 12 or 13  players you could label as  starters plus 4 or 5 youngsters on  the bench.  

12 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'd be very surprised if QoS have a bigger budget than Ayr.  We apparently spunked a large part in signing Harkins. Now he's gone there may be some cash to spare (assuming there was no severance payment). Assuming everyone is fit we're operating with a squad of about 12 or 13  players you could label as  starters plus 4 or 5 youngsters on  the bench.  

I'm assuming Dobbie & Harkins would both be on big wages and the rest of the guys would have been on Championship wages. We've only just come up from league 1 and only really been Full time for 2 seasons so I can't see us paying too much. Squad wise we're probably much the same I'd say.

Falkirk and Partick will be throwing daft money at all sorts of short term solutions in January, so I doubt we could compete purely on wages.  That said, for a young player like Armstrong, there is still a good argument for going to a club doing well.  Hard to believe that Partick are wasting time on Gary Harkins.  I know he’s a bit of a legend there, but it does seem a bit heart ruling the head.

5 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Falkirk and Partick will be throwing daft money at all sorts of short term solutions in January, so I doubt we could compete purely on wages.  That said, for a young player like Armstrong, there is still a good argument for going to a club doing well.  Hard to believe that Partick are wasting time on Gary Harkins.  I know he’s a bit of a legend there, but it does seem a bit heart ruling the head.

As said on other threads, he's undoubtedly a very talented footballer, however little to no work rate and a bad attitude are two very important reasons why a team fighting for survival should be avoiding like the plague.

Personally I'm still happy enough with our squad (including Ferguson for cover) and I'd only like to see us sign someone if they were going to be a definite improvement on what we've already got and realistically I don't see that being possible.

The above does of course come with the caveat that both Forrest and Kerr will be nearing a comeback sometime soon...........

I still think we’ll see 1 or 2 come in as Lachlan will surely make money available to us to try get us over the line. 

FWIW I don’t think we’re desperately in need of anyone coming in but it would be nice to see the squad freshend up a wee bit.

Given some of his remarks, Gerrard doesn’t seem to hold much of Scottish football in a particularly high regard. Would be pretty surprised if Rangers went for it.

As for signings, if Kerr and Forrest are out for any length of time then I think we need replacements for both. As much as Murdoch is very good technically, we miss Kerr in there to calm things down and keep the ball on the deck, and without Forrest we’re definitley short out wide.

Also think McGuffie would benefit from a loan move to either League 1 or 2, but our squad depth right now doesn’t really allow for it.

2 hours ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

What is his injury and what injuries do Forrest and Big Jamie have ?

Forrest has a problem with his groin but not entirely sure what's wrong with Jamie or Kerr, think Jamie could have played this weekend but isn't getting risked with astro.