The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

36 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The information I have is that he IS contracted to the Club currently until 31.05.19 , don’t know why a contract would be then getting offered ? 

Unless the club are trying to get him to sign a new short term one on reduced terms, but that'd be very odd.

Unless the club are trying to get him to sign a new short term one on reduced terms, but that'd be very odd.

Unless it’s a new contract making him an official player/coach. He seems to be doing more and more behind the scenes in that regard.

I see the manky mob up the road have gave 1000 free tickets too local boys clubs over the last couple of games .got too take your hat off to them they do like to involve the local community. I wish our club could do the same .as things are going so well at the moment it may attract young fans too keep coming back .
This.

Wouldn't even cost the club much. Give all primary school kids free tickets and they will need to come with a paying adult who will probably also buy merchandise and food.

Get them in young and you have fans for life!

2 hours ago, ftk said:

This.

Wouldn't even cost the club much. Give all primary school kids free tickets and they will need to come with a paying adult who will probably also buy merchandise and food.

"They" (the kids) are the future of all clubs, crazy that the clubs don't see this.

4 hours ago, ftk said:

This.

The club have been down this road before. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/ayr-united-panda-pals/

I don't think it was particularly successful, though happy to be corrected.

20 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

His name seems to be popping up quite regularly scoring for Raith. No idea how he did with Dunfermline last season so he may or may not be good enough.

He hadn't played much first team football when he rocked up at us, was largely pretty anonymous. You could tell he had pace but he never seemed to utilise it well. 

No idea if some first team experience has really brought him on or he's having a good time playing against part time players as pacey players seem to do. No idea really. 

10 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

The club have been down this road before. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/ayr-united-panda-pals/

I don't think it was particularly successful, though happy to be corrected.

Ayr doing well and grabbing the headlines is now building the interest in our fanbase both young and old and in fact I've been noticing a huge increase in youngsters attending the matches this season.

Now would be the time to strike again as everything is going well and the feelgood factor around the club is huge at the moment.

I'd reckon it's better to entice them along to an Ayr v Thistle match with a good crowd and atmosphere as opposed to the Ayr v Arbroath & Ayr v East Fife dross of recent seasons...........

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The thing with the local schools is, they need to arrange their on transport plus helpers to get the kids to and from Somerset. 

Yeah, it takes significantly more effort than "heres some free tickets".