The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone but will very much depend on what happens with a certain striker.

May be money there from Cameron for one signing, very much depends if there has been a decision taken to go for it in January with regards to getting another few quality additions in which could help us get promoted. As Cameron said in his interviews last week this is pretty much a once in a generation opportunity we've got ourselves into for promotion and getting into the premiership could change this club for the better for years to come.

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone but will very much depend on what happens with a certain striker.
May be money there from Cameron for one signing, very much depends if there has been a decision taken to go for it in January with regards to getting another few quality additions in which could help us get promoted. As Cameron said in his interviews last week this is pretty much a once in a generation opportunity we've got ourselves into for promotion and getting into the premiership could change this club for the better for years to come.

I’d be very surprised if Cameron, who has said this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, doesn’t give McCall funds in January.

I’m pretty sure he said after the first few games if we were still in with a chance of promotion he’d look at getting us a couple of players. Obviously though McCall isn’t going to come out and say he’s got loads of money left as it’ll drive up the wage demands of targets and fans will be expecting signings pretty quickly.

I’d be happy if we brought in a winger and another striker, but I’d be delighted if we see out January without losing any players. I’m sure there will be offers and a bit of tapping up getting done if it hasn’t started already. We have a great group of young players at the moment and just hope they see out the season before deciding their futures! 

On 24/12/2018 at 19:09, Roxanne's man said:

I might be throwing the ambitions of Ayr united a bit far here, considering the way in which he left, though Craig Conway is coming 34 soon and would be looking to wind down his career nearer to his family in Ayrshire. 

Might be a good idea to try and get a hold of his services in either January or once Ayr are promoted (it's happening!) he suits the right winger role. Of course, a younger player would be preferred imho. Though Conway has still got a few years left. 

It is a pipe dream but absolutely  no chance just now. I know as he’s married to my cousin. He did say he’d finish at Ayr but not for a few years.....especially not whilst earning over £8k a week. 

4 hours ago, Waniche said:

It is a pipe dream but absolutely  no chance just now. I know as he’s married to my cousin. He did say he’d finish at Ayr but not for a few years.....especially not whilst earning over £8k a week. 

Any chance of a cheeky wee six month loan????????

7 hours ago, Waniche said:

Spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he was asking about Shankland, everbody's talking about Shankland

14 hours ago, Waniche said:

Bummer, we could do with his services. I know it means next to nothing, signed Daniel Armstrong on Fm 19. Fantastic player. Djibril Cisse signed with no hassle either. Earns less than Shankland :-/

A winger/no 10 to cover for Alan Forrest if he's got to get a operation Armstrong ticks both those boxes for me and another defensive player if Ferguson goes some one who can cover both RB and CB would be ideal apart from that keeping everyone else will be as big as making signings, if Cameron thinks this is a once in a life time chance to go up maybe he will open the purse strings a bit.

2 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Perhaps he lives in the east and can't be arsed travelling to Ayr/Glasgow every day

He stays in Ayr unless he’s still staying in the flat he was in Dunfermline but I doubt it.

Anyone listen to Shankers on Off the Ball? Fancy summarising what was said so I don’t need to listen to that w**k Cosgrove. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He stays in Ayr unless he’s still staying in the flat he was in Dunfermline but I doubt it.

Anyone listen to Shankers on Off the Ball? Fancy summarising what was said so I don’t need to listen to that w**k Cosgrove. 

Fair enough.

Don't think "that w**k" Cosgrove was on today. So you can listen at your leisure