The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Does anyone have any idea the exact date Docherty and Ferguson’s contracts run out? Obviously some point in January but I thought we’d maybe have heard by now what’s happening with them.

McCall's comments in his interview suggest Docherty will be sticking about. 

12 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

Andy O'Connell was a bawhair away from being an Ayr United legend.

You mean to tell me I've been hero worshiping him for the last 3 seasons and hes not a legend. :(

Edited by Trogdor

3 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Well here we go, January the 1st. It's up to you lauchlan...

f**k Lauchlan, I'm waiting to see what big Lachlan does.

Happy new year to all

If we do bring anyone in one thing has to be a priority. They must not be in any way shape or form a potential disruptive influence. One of the major reasons we are where we are is that everyone plays for each other and gets on. Another Harkins type would be an absolute disaster. 

Lachlan has said he would make some money available to strengthen if we were in this position, So I would expect one or two to be added. Everything is crossed we don't lose anyone

Take this with a pinch of salt but one of my celtic supporting mates who's normally pretty spot on with transfer stories has heard that celtic are offering half a million for Shankland and either loaning him back to the end of the season or giving us Jack Aitchison to the end of the season, sound's like pie in the sky to me but he's usually good with the transfer stories

On 29/12/2018 at 12:04, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Really enjoyed that Duncan Carmichael AU fan podcast. The story about the killie player getting pulled over the wall was top notch, imagine that happened now? emoji23.png

Sadly the one who did it passed away the other culprit is known to me by the name Dad. In a time where you could drink at the fitba. Bit more fisty cuffs back in those days. Wonder if Duncan would ever share the truth about the infamous Ayr away day to Swindon. Think two Ayr fans got done for armed robbery.

Mind you the story about the ‘hold up’ in the Howard arms is better, like something out a western film.

Anyway happy new year honest men and bonnie lassies. Fingers crossed in August our fixtures and away days are hopefully a bit different. We should all be ecstatic where we are just now.......Ooft a league derby with ‘them’ would be a riot. 

25 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Take this with a pinch of salt but one of my celtic supporting mates who's normally pretty spot on with transfer stories has heard that celtic are offering half a million for Shankland and either loaning him back to the end of the season or giving us Jack Aitchison to the end of the season, sound's like pie in the sky to me but he's usually good with the transfer stories

Aitchison shat out a loan spell with Dumbarton and went crying back to Celtics youth side. If you're accepting him as part of a deal for Shankland, then your morons.

28 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Celtic fans are known fantasists when it comes to their transfer rumours, even more than fans of any other club.

Edited by craigkillie