The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aitchison shat out a loan spell with Dumbarton and went crying back to Celtics youth side. If you're accepting him as part of a deal for Shankland, then your morons.

In fairness it's not up to "us" and I take it you meant you're as opposed to your ?

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness it's not up to "us" and I take it you meant you're as opposed to your ?

It's clear what I meant.

Anyone who accepts Aitchison as a replacement for Shankland is a moron.

There's absolutely no chance that transfer is happening.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's clear what I meant.

Who knows what will happen tbh. Scottish football is a strange culture. 

It would be a strange thing to happen imho and very unlikely.

However, Ayr United are more than one player, ultimately the aim is to put the ball in the net but that’s not an individual effort. 

Sadly the one who did it passed away the other culprit is known to me by the name Dad. In a time where you could drink at the fitba. Bit more fisty cuffs back in those days. Wonder if Duncan would ever share the truth about the infamous Ayr away day to Swindon. Think two Ayr fans got done for armed robbery.
Mind you the story about the ‘hold up’ in the Howard arms is better, like something out a western film.
Anyway happy new year honest men and bonnie lassies. Fingers crossed in August our fixtures and away days are hopefully a bit different. We should all be ecstatic where we are just now.......Ooft a league derby with ‘them’ would be a riot. 
What did happen in the Howard Arms? Heard Ayr fans trashed it and stole the vhs CCTV video footage. Was passed around Ayr fans for months after. Early 80s I think.

1 hour ago, ftk said:
5 hours ago, Waniche said:
Sadly the one who did it passed away the other culprit is known to me by the name Dad. In a time where you could drink at the fitba. Bit more fisty cuffs back in those days. Wonder if Duncan would ever share the truth about the infamous Ayr away day to Swindon. Think two Ayr fans got done for armed robbery.
Mind you the story about the ‘hold up’ in the Howard arms is better, like something out a western film.
Anyway happy new year honest men and bonnie lassies. Fingers crossed in August our fixtures and away days are hopefully a bit different. We should all be ecstatic where we are just now.......Ooft a league derby with ‘them’ would be a riot. 

What did happen in the Howard Arms? Heard Ayr fans trashed it and stole the vhs CCTV video footage. Was passed around Ayr fans for months after. Early 80s I think.

Think you’re right mate, very early 80’s. Think there was some kind of ‘Mexican stand off’ after one the buses got bricked and either they looted a puggy, stole it or smashed it and looted it.  

Im not condoning it by mentioning it but there’s a few more stories better than just pulling a killie player over the wall from that era. 

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's clear what I meant.

I'm assuming it would be £500k plus Aitchison being loaned to us until the end of the season as opposed to us getting Shankland back.

That would be a fantastic deal as far as I can see it.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm assuming it would be £500k plus Aitchison being loaned to us until the end of the season as opposed to us getting Shankland back.

That would be a fantastic deal as far as I can see it.

As I say, you'd be aswell forgetting about Aitchison.

So is £500k, and no Shankland for the rest of the season, a good deal?

I've got no idea about this lad. But I do know that pretty much everyone in Scottish football said the same thing about shankland when we signed him.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think anyone can answer that as we don't know what lies ahead, however £500k plus a loan back deal of either Shankland or a Celtic youngster would be an excellent deal, keeping in mind his contract is up in the summer.

In all honesty there's no downside from our perspective, either we get an offer which is too good to refuse and which some of the funds will undoubtedly be used to help us strengthen our squad / renew contracts of our promising young players, or we keep Lawrence until the end of the season and give it a real go.

I'm slowly warming to the idea of selling him in January, with no loan back (obviously that's still the ideal scenario).

I don't think we can win the title. Even with Lawrence we're being tied up by teams who set out to frustrate us. It's not so much that we've burst our bubble and more that we're being heavily respected now.

So then it's about a playoff. I would expect a team minus shankland but with some replacement to still finish in the top four. After that it's all about timing and form come May.

A few hundred grand would secure our club and give us a real chance to establish us in the championship for a while - which hasn't happened for fucking years.

So I'm less nervous than I was about losing him. No doubt a three game win streak will have me in bits again.

57 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm slowly warming to the idea of selling him in January, with no loan back (obviously that's still the ideal scenario).

I don't think we can win the title. Even with Lawrence we're being tied up by teams who set out to frustrate us. It's not so much that we've burst our bubble and more that we're being heavily respected now.

So then it's about a playoff. I would expect a team minus shankland but with some replacement to still finish in the top four. After that it's all about timing and form come May.

A few hundred grand would secure our club and give us a real chance to establish us in the championship for a while - which hasn't happened for fucking years.

So I'm less nervous than I was about losing him. No doubt a three game win streak will have me in bits again.

I totally agree with this, while it would be beyond our wildest dreams to return to the Premier, I'd also be just as happy with becoming an established Championship team where we'd be competitive every week as opposed to a League 1 / Championship yo yo team which is what we've been since the end of the Barr era.

It's also open to debate whether it's better to be pumped by Celtic / Rangers/ Aberdeen/ Hearts/Hibs every week, as opposed to enjoying your Saturday with decent fixtures against the likes of Thistle, Morton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Dundee Utd etc, etc, where you're in with a decent chance of getting a result in front of a decent crowd and atmosphere.

Of course, the derbies with Killie would be a big draw, however the ideal scenario for me is a Championship or extended Premier containing Killie, St.Mirren, Morton, Thistle and of course ourselves where we've got big matches with decent crowds against local rivals.

One can dream................

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've got no idea about this lad. But I do know that pretty much everyone in Scottish football said the same thing about shankland when we signed him.

He's a shitebag, Shankland had played well at senior football before he joined you. Aitchison, literally, ran away from senior games.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

It's also open to debate whether it's better to be pumped by Celtic / Rangers/ Aberdeen/ Hearts/Hibs every week, as opposed to enjoying your Saturday with decent fixtures against the likes of Thistle, Morton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Dundee Utd etc, etc, where you're in with a decent chance of getting a result in front of a decent crowd and atmosphere.

Pathetic talk. Look at Livingston, who are having a ridiculous season and beating a lot of teams, probably one of the most memorable seasons and some results of their fans lives. 

The chance of that is surely more appealing than dodging about the top half of the championship.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's a shitebag, Shankland had played well at senior football before he joined you. Aitchison, literally, ran away from senior games.

Pathetic talk. Look at Livingston, who are having a ridiculous season and beating a lot of teams, probably one of the most memorable seasons and some results of their fans lives. 

The chance of that is surely more appealing than dodging about the top half of the championship.

It's my personal preference and I think the top half of the Championship is both exciting and enjoyable. 

Apart from this I don't think Livingston should be held up as a business model for ANYONE to follow as they have no history, no support, multiple administrations and have been a magnet for crooks and alleged money laundering for years.

No Thanks...............

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's my personal preference and I think the top half of the Championship is both exciting and enjoyable. 

Apart from this I don't think Livingston should be held up as a business model for ANYONE to follow as they have no history, no support, multiple administrations and have been a magnet for crooks and alleged money laundering for years.

No Thanks...............

I'm not commenting on how Livingston are run, just their results. Their current budget is comparable to your own.