The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

As more McGuffie, i'd like him and ferguson have more of a chance in the first team, McGuffie will bring more balance to the team than Geggan

I’d like to see more of McGuffie as well but he needs to show more when he gets a chance. I’d rather loan him out to a League 1 side so he can get regular game time.

As for Ferguson I’d rather just see him leave. Even if he was offered a contract in January he’d be daft to sign it imo. The only way he’s getting game time is if Harvie and Smith are both out. I’d let him go and get a centre half that can cover left back although there’s not many of them that spring to mind.

Owen Garvan: He's without a club, good centre mid who could fill in for Adams or Kerr. 

Luca Gasparotto: Left Morton not that long ago and isn't a bad player, can play anywhere at the back. Free agent. 

Andy O'connell: He wasn't a bad player either. I feel like Dryhorse mentioning these Irish players. 

Steven Smith: Free agent as far as I'm aware and would add great experience at the back. 

Paul Quinn or Paul Dixon: same as the one above. 

Jordan mcmillan: been out the game a while, former rangers man, right back. Free agent. 

Andrew Driver: Without a club. Was cited to play for a Levein splodged Scotland. 

Alistair Reynolds: European experience, midfield, free agent. 

Bilel Moshni: Certainly in the 'head case Ayr are lacking' department. 

Just a few freebies that fit the positions Ayr are lacking. Whether they would improve the squad or not, I'm unsure. Again, I signed Djiribl Cissè for my Ayr team on football manager 2019, so none of them are that over ambitious. 

9 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Kerr is a calf issue but Id heard he was very close to being back so would be sad to hear he's out longer term.

Calf injuries are terrible for older players.

They seem to take ages to get back to full fitness. 

Here's hoping he is on the mend. 

Thanks JV

11 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Calf injuries are terrible for older players.

They seem to take ages to get back to full fitness. 

Here's hoping he is on the mend. 

Thanks JV

Could Jamie not help out if it's a "calf" injury.................

5 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Owen Garvan: He's without a club, good centre mid who could fill in for Adams or Kerr. 

Luca Gasparotto: Left Morton not that long ago and isn't a bad player, can play anywhere at the back. Free agent. 

Andy O'connell: He wasn't a bad player either. I feel like Dryhorse mentioning these Irish players. 

Steven Smith: Free agent as far as I'm aware and would add great experience at the back. 

Paul Quinn or Paul Dixon: same as the one above. 

Jordan mcmillan: been out the game a while, former rangers man, right back. Free agent. 

Andrew Driver: Without a club. Was cited to play for a Levein splodged Scotland. 

Alistair Reynolds: European experience, midfield, free agent. 

Bilel Moshni: Certainly in the 'head case Ayr are lacking' department. 

Just a few freebies that fit the positions Ayr are lacking. Whether they would improve the squad or not, I'm unsure. Again, I signed Djiribl Cissè for my Ayr team on football manager 2019, so none of them are that over ambitious. 

Did you just try and compare signing players on Football Manager to signing players in real life. Jesus f**k. 

1 minute ago, Daydream said:

Any substance to the Swansea rumour?

I don't know if this is something you've heard in the past day or two ? however they've been watching him over the past couple of months and this has been widely reported in the welsh press.

Rumours of between £220k & £400k being mentioned, however we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

I don't know if this is something you've heard in the past day or two ? however they've been watching him over the past couple of months and this has been widely reported in the welsh press.
Rumours of between £220k & £400k being mentioned, however we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Just heard the last week or so. I suppose a few hundred K fee and a loan back for the rest of the season would be the best outcome!

31 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Just heard the last week or so. I suppose a few hundred K fee and a loan back for the rest of the season would be the best outcome!

Yes, that would be the dream outcome for us and our Chairman, but I'd say unless we get an offer that both we and Shankland can't refuse (£400k+) then he'll be here until the Summer.

I'd be very surprised if Doc doesn't sign an extension not because he plays enough mins but because he's one of the most popular guys in dressing room by all accounts McCall will want to keep that spirit together plus he's still a decent player, Ferguson will be off I think at this stage of his career he needs games.

20 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Did you just try and compare signing players on Football Manager to signing players in real life. Jesus f**k. 

Nah, just impressed I signed Djibril Cisse on it tbh.

All those players are on the transfer market website and would be available for Ayr if Mccall was interested in real life. Though i doubt getting Ayr to the champions league in a video game would be a thing to put on your CV. 

I don't think the players I said (Excluding Moshni, as the Ayr Squad isn't needing Fruit loops) would be that bad tbh. Andrew Driver isn't a bad shout as he can play in the position Forrest plays. 

McCall won't get rid of Doc, he's the Club Captain. I'd say my goodbye to Ferguson, he'll go to a league one/two team. 

Edited by Roxanne's man