The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There wasn’t uproar when QP knocked us out or when Montrose knocked us out last season.

I’m no more angry now than I was when Falkirk or QOTS beat us.

Thats because both of them were irn bru cup games, and not a chance to go to tynecastle 

Thats because both of them were irn bru cup games, and not a chance to go to tynecastle 

Not really fussed about missing out on Tynecastle. If we’d gone through I’d much rather have drawn Raith or East Fife with a chance to progress.

Its exactly the same, why own a football club to manage its decline?  That's largely been Cameron's legacy. The last two seasons have been great (yesterday aside), the thirteen before were turgid. 
The board need to show their ambition. Back the manager and give it a go (we're not talking about risking the club's future its 2/3 signings!) or dont. Its their call, if they opt for the later you can hardly blame the support for getting fed up.
This season can still be a good one but the next 2 weeks are huge and a real test of the board's mettle imo.
What do you mean "manage its decline"?

He never wanted to run a Scottish football club but became attached through his father. If there was any other decent offer he'd have passed us on - but he wanted the club to be secure.

We've generally been turgid, with a few lovely wee exceptions, throughout our entire history. That's essentially the same for all clubs of our size/standing.

I wasn't suggesting spending money at every turn. If we want promotion we need to bring in 2/3 players to end of the season. Its a parallel to last season, we get an injury crisis, go through a rough spell and brought in Bell & Kerr and went on to win the league. We need new bodies to mix things up and bench the players who need a rest or need a boot up the rear!

Morton fans were laying it on quite thick yesterday, then at around quarter to five  it stopped. Wonder why?

Morton fans are great at dishing it out whilst forgetting about their own sad state of affairs.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

If you need to ask this, you've been asleep since 2003.

tbf to Lachlan, I was a big critic for a long while and I've no time for those that don't/won't acknowledge his numerous mistakes over the years, it's been a long painful journey interspersed with a few great memories but we're back to where we started as a team who are not just happy avoiding relegation from the Championship, we've a good manager with potentially a very good side and more importantly Lachlan has so far shown his unwillingness to punt us to any old chancer that chaps his door.

Hopefully he can find the cash/inclination to bring in a few new faces to bolster our promotion chances.

Edited by ayrmad

If there were players available then they will already have signed for Dundee United, Falkirk, Partick or Ross County. Unless we can get someone on a loan on deadline day I doubt we'll have anyone. McCall normally has someone lined up who is leaving on a free like Balatoni, Harkins or Kerr and to an extent Erskine. 

21 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

tbf to Lachlan, I was a big critic for a long while and I've no time for those that don't/won't acknowledge his numerous mistakes over the years, it's been a long painful journey interspersed with a few great memories but we're back to where we started as a team who are not just happy avoiding relegation from the Championship, we've a good manager with potentially a very good side and more importantly Lachlan has so far shown his unwillingness to punt us to any old chancer that chaps his door.

Hopefully he can find the cash/inclination to bring in a few new faces to bolster our promotion chances.

I can't argue with that tbh.