The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Sign Allan Martin,  pleeeeeeeaase. 

I liked Martin when we had him. He never looked that good when he was at Dumbarton (won POTY anyway) and was hopeless last season even though we never took advantage of it.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I liked Martin when we had him. He never looked that good when he was at Dumbarton (won POTY anyway) and was hopeless last season even though we never took advantage of it.

Forgot he'd been with you before.  It was the opposite for us when we played Dumbarton, he always seemed to have a decent game for them so I was happy at the time when he signed for us. If he was a bit more commanding in his area I'd not be too concerned if he re-signed but he's alienated a lot of fans with his finger gesture. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apparently Cameron has been on the SRE to respond to some “questions” from a few fans. I’m not on the page anymore so I don’t know what was said.

It was around a fan having a go about the "£300k windfall the club has come into" and demanding to know why the board are keeping him in the loop about every financial decision made at the club. Pretty level headed reply by Lachlan essentially saying they budgeted for a survival campaign and moved the goal posts in January when it looked like we could win the league. They then budgeted for a playoff berth (I'd assume 3rd as he mentions the Talbot game and finishing 4th cost the club circa £185k in additional revenue).  

He went on to say that every penny the club pulls in is reinvested and nothing is being taken out.  I stupidly got in over my head and he's challenged me to arrange a Chairman's Q&A  after saying how his previous blog posts / interviews have been excellent. (Help AUmedia guys :wub:) Some decent content in his further posts as well, saying he's made his feelings known about summer football etc, one thing he hasn't had a go at yet is the Friday night games killing revenue for the smaller clubs.  He's acknowledged that the crowds are what they are coming into the club and said he'd obviously love if everyone was a part of the lottery / au500 / attended the club events and stand alone fundraisers. 

Edited by Hawk89

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apparently Cameron has been on the SRE to respond to some “questions” from a few fans. I’m not on the page anymore so I don’t know what was said.

Not sure if this will format properly but this is the jist of it ..

Screenshot_2019-06-07-11-44-49.thumb.png.d013803dafaf5e1f6258b4696553f919.png

Screenshot_2019-06-07-11-42-39.png

Screenshot_2019-06-07-11-44-56.png

Reading the above, I'm not sure it's all entirely true, given that we didn't exactly break our necks to gain 3rd place going by team selections etc.

Having said that, I've got nothing but praise for LC in getting us back to a decent level and watching a club that we can be proud of again as opposed to struggling in the 3rd tier with a team full of disinterested loanees, past it mediocre journeymen and junior dumplings.

Lest we forget...................

Interesting that he classes the Alloa game on the last day of the season as a 'monumental failure', got the impression at the time that McCall wasn't too bothered that we never won it.

Think at lot of people forget that there's also running costs to the football club outwith McCall's summer budget, as Cameron has mentioned there's stadium maintenance, which with Somerset will be high but that debate is for another day and also staff wages which still need to be paid over the close season even though there's no income from games.

On a brighter not i wonder if we'll have some Friyay excitement, doubt it but you never know.

Not having a go at the board here as some of the moaning about them is ridiculous but I’m unconvinced we “moved the goalposts” in January, considering all we brought in was two loanees - one of whom was from Celtic who you have to imagine would still have been paying a fair chunk of Miller’s wages.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Not having a go at the board here as some of the moaning about them is ridiculous but I’m unconvinced we “moved the goalposts” in January, considering all we brought in was two loanees - one of whom was from Celtic who you have to imagine would still have been paying a fair chunk of Miller’s wages.

Yeah I'm no buying that either, we even shipped two players out on loan. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah I'm no buying that either, we even shipped two players out on loan. 

There's a fair chance he was counting on the extra cash to lessen his deficit for the season.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

There's a fair chance he was counting on the extra cash to lessen his deficit for the season.

And he’d be wholly entitled to do so, I just think anyone implying we pushed the boat out in January is being disingenuous.

Just now, ayrmad said:

What he didn't say (and I don't know why) is that most of the cash is already paid out in instalments throughout the season.  So we've had and used the majority of the money. 

Just now, eez-eh said:

And he’d be wholly entitled to do so, I just think anyone implying we pushed the boat out in January is being disingenuous.

I didn't think that Lachlan implied that IIBH.

Aye I think going by the names we were interested in it’s fair to say we were prepared to do so (to a certain extent) but in the end Cadden, Miller and Muirhead was the best McCall could get.

Judging by how little they played McCall wasn’t really that keen on them and took what he could get or they weren’t as good as he thought they were.

Just now, itzdrk said:

What he didn't say (and I don't know why) is that most of the cash is already paid out in instalments throughout the season.  So we've had and used the majority of the money. 

I've had plenty of negative viewpoints about Lachlan over the years(not for a while right enough) but I've always felt he's very good at what he says and how he words it.

Hopefully he's urged Shankers to sign for Sunderland.

30 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

That ian dunlop is a total roaster tbh.usual doom and gloom from him .would not surprise me if he was tartan Tammy,roxannes man. Or maybe we just have a good few roasters in our support. 

Don't let him hear you say that, you'll be asked to message him to meet for a 'chat' !