The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

More interestingly, why the Hell are the Celtic first team squad playing against a mediocre Swiss outfits U21 side ??
Rather bizarre surely ?
They'd have been just as well lining up against any Ayrshire Junior outfit and that would have saved them the travelling !!

It was all arranged at the last minute I think. They’re playing the senior team tonight with more of the first team players featuring.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was all arranged at the last minute I think. They’re playing the senior team tonight with more of the first team players featuring.

That's fair enough I suppose, it just seemed a little strange, although I do know how much they like this "colt" stuff !!

That's fair enough I suppose, it just seemed a little strange, although I do know how much they like this "colt" stuff !!

Aye I had the same reaction when I saw the lineup with the 3 subs.

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Only way Doohan will not be back is if Gordon is injured or asks for a transfer , no signings imminent as McCall not back from his holiday yet , and before the moaners get in saying training has started why is he not here , he had lots of contracts to tie up before he could go on a break and he has a more than capable ma garment team 

That is extremely concerning that nothing is imminent giving we are still 5 players short. 

Id still hope even if McCall is on holiday he/Ayr United are in regular contact with possible signings. 

Disappointing news 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That is extremely concerning that nothing is imminent giving we are still 5 players short. 

Id still hope even if McCall is on holiday he/Ayr United are in regular contact with possible signings. 

Disappointing news 

I'd say our starting line up is more or less in place already. 

We already know that the return of Doohan is more or less a given and Doolan has been signed as our CF to lead the line, other than that most of the positions take care of themselves with only a creative midfielder (replacement for Robbie) missing from the jigsaw.

Obviously it would be nice to add a winger (not sure who) and it would be nice to add another striking option but the way I see it we're looking at an attacking starting line up of at least three of Doolan, Moffat, Forrest & McCowan but possibly all four and personally I wouldn't be too upset about that and then we've got McGuffie in reserve and Moore coming back in around the start of September (if everything goes to plan).

I'm not sure of his situation, however I wouldn't be totally shocked if Chris Erskine arrived to join his old pal either...............

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I'd say our starting line up is more or less in place already. 

We already know that the return of Doohan is more or less a given and Doolan has been signed as our CF to lead the line, other than that most of the positions take care of themselves with only a creative midfielder (replacement for Robbie) missing from the jigsaw.

Obviously it would be nice to add a winger (not sure who) and it would be nice to add another striking option but the way I see it we're looking at an attacking starting line up of at least three of Doolan, Moffat, Forrest & McCowan but possibly all four and personally I wouldn't be too upset about that and then we've got McGuffie in reserve and Moore coming back in around the start of September (if everything goes to plan).

I'm not sure of his situation, however I wouldn't be totally shocked if Chris Erskine arrived to join his old pal either...............

For me we definitely need a GK (obviously), Attacking Centre Mid (all our centre midfielders are more in the defensive mould) and a winger. An extra striker and right back would also be very decent. 

Disappointing news 
The man needs a holiday. Calm doon.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Disappointing news 

The man needs a holiday. Calm doon.

Pretty poor timing imo. I’d hope he would still have him phone with him making a few calls. 

Pretty poor timing imo. I’d hope he would still have him phone with him making a few calls. 
Would you rather be was away earlier leaving players in limbo? He's experienced, and knows when he should be on holiday and when he needs to be here.

We, on the other hand, are speculating. I'm also pretty certain he'll be in contact if there's any important developments.