The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Daniel Armstrong is a very good shout, can't see him playing in the premiership for Ross County, season long loan would do nicely.

FWIW he went on the tour of Holland while Davis Keillor Dunn, who I think is a better player, didn’t. Ayr should be looking at him.

It’s in the Ayrshire Post tonight that Jimmy Kirkwood has left Troon as he wants to focus more time on being a director at Ayr United. 
Yeah I read something today that the manager had quit and was moving to an upstairs/board role wonder if that is linked.

Decent enough performance tonight , Moffat played very well , linked up well with McCowan , tonight showed they can both play in the same starting 11, Forrest very poor touch and passing poor , taken off at half time , Hare Reid looked very convincing with a couple of really good saves , Roscoe won everything in the air and comfortable with ball at feet , no player had to break sweat , although you could see this was a training match and well worth the entry fee of £0, 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Decent enough performance tonight , Moffat played very well , linked up well with McCowan , tonight showed they can both play in the same starting 11, Forrest very poor touch and passing poor , taken off at half time , Hare Reid looked very convincing with a couple of really good saves , Roscoe won everything in the air and comfortable with ball at feet , no player had to break sweat , although you could see this was a training match and well worth the entry fee of £0, 

Where were Muirhead and Geggan?

I honestly don't know what to make of that.

Meh tbh. It’s hard for me to be angry or upset when any great Ayr player signs for another team let alone someone who’s technically no longer an Ayr player.

We gave him a platform and he gave us plenty back and more so fair play to him if he thinks it’s what’s right for him.

Meh tbh. It’s hard for me to be angry or upset when any great Ayr player signs for another team let alone someone who’s technically no longer an Ayr player.

We gave him a platform and he gave us plenty back and more so fair play to him if he thinks it’s what’s right for him.
I for one wont boo him or give him abuse, maybe the tail off in form due to injury has put off the bigger clubs that were in for him I just think he's better than Dundee United and I don't mean to offend try Arab fans, but he's he's not our player or concern any more, maybe will draw a line under the full thing and we can move on and stop talking about him and concern ourself with Doolan, Roscoe, McCowan, Harvie etc players that are still with us.

If they’ve spunked ££££ and it’s a 3 year deal, only for him to replicate his 2nd half of the season form 🤣

This is an obvious risk but even in the second half of the season he had a respectable goal return and was better than most of the strikers in the league.

It was only by the amazing standards he’d set in the first half of the season that made him look really poor.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sounds more like  money and lack of options.

Sounds more like  money and lack of options.

Says he apparently turned down Hull. Dundee Utd are swimming in cash but I doubt they offered more than Hull. He’s either put off by making another big jump after what happened when he went to Aberdeen or he wants guaranteed playing time.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is an obvious risk but even in the second half of the season he had a respectable goal return and was better than most of the strikers in the league.

It was only by the amazing standards he’d set in the first half of the season that made him look really poor.

If you take away penalties it might not be as good. However means nothing now. I would imagine he’ll be back fit and be as good as how he started last year.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Says he apparently turned down Hull. Dundee Utd are swimming in cash but I doubt they offered more than Hull. He’s either put off by making another big jump after what happened when he went to Aberdeen or he wants guaranteed playing time.

Prob guaranteed playing time plus he knows he can score goals in the scottish championship, oh and maybe the reported signing fee.. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH