The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

38 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

It's hard to figure out McCall. Maybe we are giving him more credit than he is due with regards to surreptitiously courting Thistle for some time now while still trotting out the 'Lachlan/Ayr gave me a chance and I have no intention of leaving this club' routine.

His comments in the summer about the lack of budget, losing players and being unable to build on last year had me thinking that, if anything, he would have retired from the game rather than gone to another club. But Lachlan publicly stating it was in McCall's contract that he was allowed to speak to other clubs shows that he had ambitions elsewhere. And that's fine - he probably feels he has given Ayr five years and done about as much as he can, he's resurrected his career and is in demand as a result. He lives near Maryhill, probably has lots of contacts there and has been offered a much improved deal with a budget to build a better squad than he could do at Ayr. I can't blame him for taking the job. The nature of his departure at this stage of the season leaves us in a bit of a fix, but that's not McCall's problem.

Now that he's left Ayr, i have no concern in how he gets on at Thistle. He swapped a safe, comfortable job for a higher paying, risky one. It may pay off, it may not. Who knows? Who cares really? All that matters is how Ayr United progress from here.

Hopefully Lachlan and the board will make the best appointment and take their time to get it right. We all know LC wants to sell but he seems to have the club's best interests at heart. He could probably do himself a favour and avoid the social media engagement with fans. Just makes him look unprofessional.

Anyway, here's hoping the new manager continues the upward trajectory we've been on the last couple of years.

Nah, his Comments after the Caley game suggested that Ayr was no longer the club for him, I thought he was away after listening to that, probably stayed to pay the bills as nobody else came in for him.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Interesting comment from Lachlan on Twitter.

He doesn’t rule out hiring a manager from another team but says if we do so, “it will be respectful and we won't be contacting the manager to arrange a deal before even speaking to the club. We will also not go public about it.”

Dig at Thistle?

Get the feeling we might not have heard the end of this, club possibly weighing up options of legal action, imagine this turned into another McKinnon tap up ha.

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Get the feeling we might not have heard the end of this, club possibly weighing up options of legal action, imagine this turned into another McKinnon tap up ha.

Can't imagine us going down that route.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:
2 hours ago, ayrmad said:
Can't imagine us going down that route.

Neither can I tbh, knowing us we'd somehow f**k it up

There's no point, it was obvious after our playoff loss that things had changed for him, we were no longer the vehicle he wanted to hitch his dreams and aspirations to, probably should have parted ways after that interview but he'd be going without wages if he jumped and Lachlan would most probably have been slaughtered if he'd pushed him.

It's done time to move on and hope Sandy Stewart keeps it going, or even better improves us.

There's no point, it was obvious after our playoff loss that things had changed for him, we were no longer the vehicle he wanted to hitch his dreams and aspirations to, probably should have parted ways after that interview but he'd be going without wages if he jumped and Lachlan would most probably have been slaughtered if he'd pushed him.
It's done time to move on and hope Sandy Stewart keeps it going, or even better improves us.

You're talking like we've taken a downturn since then though.

We're playing fantasy football at a time when he was supposedly plotting his escape. Go figure.

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We're playing fantasy football at a time when he was supposedly plotting his escape. Go figure.

Not at all, we'll just take what's happened as a fortunate bonus, squad wise we're poorer than last season but I think we're capable of playing better football as a team this season.

I've no doubt his move didn't just happen over the weekend but it didn't appear to affect us on the pitch.

That interview was just a large hint that he felt his gratitude to Lachlan had been repaid, who am I to look negatively on that.

Edited by ayrmad

44 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

No point burning his bridges, Lachlan has given him a second chance where others. If the Partick post hadn't came up and we had continued in a similar vein making the playoffs, he could probably have his pick of jobs in Scotland bar the top half of the Prem.