The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see Doolan flapping his gums again in today’s paper. I’m getting really tired of it, yes he’s a Thistle legend but he’s playing for a team in the same league now so he should keep his opinions to himself or stick to purely talking about the team that currently employs him. 

The man clearly doesn't want to be here, not only that but he's a rubbish striker, you would've thought he was still at Partick. 

Edited by THEHonestman1910

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Remember him as a player and he could teach Adams a thing or two about kicking lumps out of the opposition 

So do I remember him as player I was at a reserve game at Somerset v Killie and he got sent off we  gave him pelters and he gave us the scariest stare ever as he walked off😂

13 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see Doolan flapping his gums again in today’s paper. I’m getting really tired of it, yes he’s a Thistle legend but he’s playing for a team in the same league now so he should keep his opinions to himself or stick to purely talking about the team that currently employs him. 

EFPpf9TU4AAXaza.jpg

17 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As much as I love Dools, got to agree with you.

Theres nothing worse than hearing ex old firm players rabbiting on week after week about their old team while being employed by a direct rival, Kris Boyd being the first that springs to mind.

If its in the build up to a Thistle-Ayr game, fair enough. Other than that he shouldnt really be making comments on or about Thistle anymore imo....sadly.

Edited by Jacky1990

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

He’ll go back to Partick and start banging in the goals again no doubt.

I'd be very surprised if McCall went anywhere near him when he's been unable to get near the first team at Somerset.

It’s maybe a bit harsh on Doolan, anyone would be hard pushed to get in ahead of the guys there now.

Defo want a fee if partick want him

A fee?

He’s a 32 year old striker, with less than a year on his contract and he’s looked completely finished with us apart from one game. No one will pay a fee for him.

I’d be more than happy to free up whatever wages he’s earning and get him to f**k.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A fee?

He’s a 32 year old striker, with less than a year on his contract and he’s looked completely finished with us apart from one game. No one will pay a fee for him.

I’d be more than happy to free up whatever wages he’s earning and get him to f**k.

Should pay him to go. Joking aside we are getting next to nothing out him and will get even worse now I think. He'll have his eye on heading up the 77 at the 1st chance he gets. And as you said it'd free up a wage.

36 minutes ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

It’s maybe a bit harsh on Doolan, anyone would be hard pushed to get in ahead of the guys there now.

Defo want a fee if partick want him

For me it boils down to how much we are paying him. If he’s earning around the same as Moff n co then fair enough and I’m happy to be patient on him stepping up. If however he’s being paid big bucks to star from day one then deserves the flack and been a waste of cash 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

A fee?

It all depends on how results are going for Partick.  

We should absolutely be attempting to recoup wages he has ensured we pay this guy should he come in for him as a first response to any enquiry.

Should pay him to go. Joking aside we are getting next to nothing out him and will get even worse now I think. He'll have his eye on heading up the 77 at the 1st chance he gets. And as you said it'd free up a wage.
He doesn't seem the type to do this at all. Like McCall, he'll be doing his best out of a sense of professionalism - or even just to further his own reputation.

More chance of returning to firhill if he's banging them in for ayr.

I think we are being a bit unfair on Doolan he comes across as some one who's an honest pro and he will be first to tell you he wanted to finish his career at Partick but any time he's came on he's given 100%. Is he just totally out of form or done at this level that's the question, it's not his fault he was made out as the marquee signing.

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I'm sure Doolan is a model pro and well liked in the changing room. I'm also sure he'd walk barefoot to Firhill at even the slightest whiff of a possible return.

This ^^^ would have been a better way to get my point across

I think we are being a bit unfair on Doolan he comes across as some one who's an honest pro and he will be first to tell you he wanted to finish his career at Partick but any time he's came on he's given 100%. Is he just totally out of form or done at this level that's the question, it's not his fault he was made out as the marquee signing.
Do Ayr play a system that benefits a goal poacher? When he signed I did think it was a strange one as Ayr's system last season was more free-flowing and Doolan always struck me as a player that was a poacher.

If he got the proper service he would still score I reckon.