The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Am I allowed to start dreaming yet?

NO. Not yet anyway . But if we can get Sandy hooked up on a three year deal , bring in a central midfield player as cover for Murdock and then do well in the market at Christmas then yes it may be time to dream . Those last three results ,that nine points from nine ,the manner of the play while our squad is decimated by injury and our manager leaves us taking a coach with him suggests this group has truly ,as they say , got something about them ! If the board can support this group then maybe just maybe its time to dream .....What a three weeks ....

1 minute ago, railwayend said:

NO. Not yet anyway . But if we can get Sandy hooked up on a three year deal , bring in a central midfield player as cover for Murdock and then do well in the market at Christmas then yes it may be time to dream . Those last three results ,that nine points from nine ,the manner of the play while our squad is decimated by injury and our manager leaves us taking a coach with him suggests this group has truly ,as they say , got something about them ! If the board can support this group then maybe just maybe its time to dream .....What a three weeks ....

With the exception of the Queens game (which we still won), the quality of our football has been absolutely fantastic and a complete joy to watch. 

I can honestly say that this last few weeks is the most I've ever enjoyed watching us and the link up play, skill and movement of Forrest, McCowan & Moffat backed up by Harvie, Kelly & Doc really is sheer class and teams at this level are finding it impossible to cope.

Who knows if we can sustain it but I'm just enjoying it while it lasts............

1 minute ago, railwayend said:

......Those last three results ,that nine points from nine......

Don't know if anyone predicted that or better still got odds on it but I doubt we'll have a more difficult sequence of games AND get 9 from 9 while a scoring 9 and conceding 1. 

Well done lads - you've taken years off me😀

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

If the board can support this group then maybe just maybe its time to dream

This was said a lot last season and they done hardly anything except provide a couple of shite loan signings, not to be a miserable b*****d or anything but i wouldn't hold your breath.

This was said a lot last season and they done hardly anything except provide a couple of shite loan signings, not to be a miserable b*****d or anything but i wouldn't hold your breath.

We signed 2 shite loans after we were rejected by other, better players. That’s not the boards fault.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4773816/daniel-harvie-ross-doohan-stephen-kelly-ayr-rangers-celtic/

Good read, notice Harvie says the club is a good 'platform' for players needing to get their careers back on track, something McCall always said about the club needing to get away from being viewed like that to instead a club for a player to have a career at. Hopefully in the next couple of years with a bit of luck we can get the club to that next stage, i'm optimistic for the future and this managerial decision is huge, get it wrong and we could potentially completely throw away the good work of the last couple of years.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4773816/daniel-harvie-ross-doohan-stephen-kelly-ayr-rangers-celtic/
Good read, notice Harvie says the club is a good 'platform' for players needing to get their careers back on track, something McCall always said about the club needing to get away from being viewed like that to instead a club for a player to have a career at. Hopefully in the next couple of years with a bit of luck we can get the club to that next stage, i'm optimistic for the future and this managerial decision is huge, get it wrong and we could potentially completely throw away the good work of the last couple of years.

Personally, I think we always want to be a platform. Every single team in Scotland should be - it just means we’ve had players too good for that level that we are at.

Personally, I think we always want to be a platform. Every single team in Scotland should be - it just means we’ve had players too good for that level that we are at.
True just need to try and keep these gems of players for a bit more than just two years or so, even four of five and they then move on, only way that'll happen though is if we reach the premiership.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

With hindsight we’d have been better selling him then and getting a fee for him. His form from his return from injury to the end of the season was mediocre 

Hindsight , yes we should have sold him , without  hindsight 99% of our supporters would have been seething at Lachlan for allowing him to go , the club was in a no win situation 

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Hindsight , yes we should have sold him , without  hindsight 99% of our supporters would have been seething at Lachlan for allowing him to go , the club was in a no win situation 

You're in danger of becoming the club's propaganda machine. The club is capable of mistakes and has made many. Retaining Shankland wasn't one of those.

Just seen a post on the SRE, after 7 games last year we had 16 points, 16 goals for and 9 against. This season we are 2 points ahead, more goals scored and less goals conceded. It’s a remarkable turnaround considering the players we’ve lost. The goals against is impressive especially considering I’ve seen our defence labelled as dodgy!