The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

48 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You take OFW, We’ll take Rogers and Morton can take the dud. 

Outwith OFW and Rogers I'm not sure if anyone else is still kicking around who'd be deemed "Not a fucking nightmare". 

Outwith OFW and Rogers I'm not sure if anyone else is still kicking around who'd be deemed "Not a fucking nightmare". 

Failing to get Rogers (no idea if we’ve asked or not) then we’re probably talking about young loanee from a Premiership team or down South. Kerr seems to have a few contacts in England so I think we’ll see a few loans from down there.

6 minutes ago, North British said:

Rohan Ferguson 22 Motherwell

Vaclav Hladky 29 St Mirren 

Danny Rodgers 26 Aberdeen 

Thats about it until the furlough brings in some others .

The same Vaclav Hladky that’s been linked with the old firm and several championship clubs down south. Dearie me, Dry Horce is that you? 

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

same Vaclav Hladky that’s been linked with the old firm and several championship clubs down south. Dearie me, Dry Horce is that you? 

Just the keepers on Wiki without a club . Don’t know what the Dry Horce patter is all about , however it’s safe to say not a huge amount of keepers about out with young dudes on loan  ! 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Rohan Ferguson the one that played for Airdrie and was nearly decapitated by Shankland at a game at Somerset?

Yes, absolutely shite..... imminent. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

With you, Morton and us all looking for a goalkeeper, and likely to be shopping in the same market, someone's getting a dud. 

We had two last year so we're due a good one. 

Us too. Four full time Championship clubs all loolkmg for a keeper. Potentially Dundee too, given they clearly didnt want to rely on Hamilton last year. 

Danny Rogers is one possibility though you would imagine Morton would be front runners for him. OFW still available if staying in Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Us too. Four full time Championship clubs all loolkmg for a keeper. Potentially Dundee too, given they clearly didnt want to rely on Hamilton last year. 

Danny Rogers is one possibility though you would imagine Morton would be front runners for him. OFW still available if staying in Scotland.

I can't see us being front-runners for anyone considering that our budget remains firmly to be determined and we're now in a 'make no loss' stance to allow our fan takeover to proceed in March as planned. Any club that wants to commit to paying a player's wages earlier than their competitors right now is surely in the box seats to sign that target.

So it’s all about who wants to jump in there and offer an early start to the contract .  Or potentially have a loan deal organised with this seasons Robbie McCrorrie or Ross Doohan .  

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I can't see us being front-runners for anyone considering that our budget remains firmly to be determined and we're now in a 'make no loss' stance to allow our fan takeover to proceed in March as planned. Any club that wants to commit to paying a player's wages earlier than their competitors right now is surely in the box seats to sign that target.

Take the point. I just meant he obviously already has a relationship with Morton and Hopkin. I doubt your budget or stance will be any less than ours. 

28 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Are there even enough keepers floating around for 4 ft championship teams? Someone is definitely drawing the short straw, or straws.

Possibly not. To be fair, although we only have three players, one is last year's no 2 keeper Jack Leighfield. He is a decent enough keeper with circa 20 odd first team appearances under his belt. We cant run with only one keeper obviously but Leighfield isnt incapable of being the no 1.

49 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Listening to sport sound podcast, Jim Stewart watches Ayr? Is that as a scout for our neighbours?

He was the goalkeeping coach at Nottingham Forrest under Warburton but I think he has retired now. His sons are coaches as well. 

58 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Listening to sport sound podcast, Jim Stewart watches Ayr? Is that as a scout for our neighbours?

No. He goes along from time to time, often with Jim Fleeting. Speak to him sometimes in the Wee Windaes.

Edited by RedEd