The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, cop said:

Regarding Shankland, do I remember correctly that when Shankland left, McCall said that he would come back to Ayr at some point later in his career?

Aye. He also said the same about Nicky Devlin.

I reckon it was birthday caird pish though. 

7 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Looks like it’s going to be later in week , don’t worry though everything is in place , we don’t announce until ink is dry , gone are the days names leaked to public 3/4 days in advance ( people only get told signings are taking place now , only get name minutes before press release , good confidentiality taking place at club now ) 

Surely not a coincidence that names are no longer leaked to places like VOR since McCall left 

Tbf Stevo came back at the end of his career, however probably turned out to be a mistake cause he was mostly done/bad place personally.

Probably best once legends leave at an early age heading towards their peak that they don't come back at the end and possibly tarnish the Early memories.

I mean first time Stevo was here he's remembered for wonder goals and that goal against allloa. In the second spell he's probably most remembered for being out jumped by Falkingham

He (Stevo) did score 2 or 3 bangers when he came back as I recall, like he'd just bury these absolute nonsense pings from distance.

Aye he was ridiculous. Would pick it up on the halfway line, realise he couldn’t be arsed running so would just hit it. Don’t actually recall him trying it and missing.

I know this has nothing to do with us but it's barbaric from the SFA/SPFL that they're using Celtics home game as a test event with fans after the shit they put Scottish Football in with bolognoli.

Some punishment....

Edited by rb123!

I know this has nothing to do with us but it's barbaric from the SFA/SPFL that they're using Celtics home game as a test event with fans after the shit they put Scottish Football in with bolognoli.
Some punishment....

If the Scottish government want to have test events at big stadiums this weekend then I don't know what other options they have. I can't imagine Celtic will make a great deal of money out of having 1000 folk at Parkhead given the added costs.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Some punishment....

Life's a bitch.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If the Scottish government want to have test events at big stadiums this weekend then I don't know what other options they have. I can't imagine Celtic will make a great deal of money out of having 1000 folk at Parkhead given the added costs.

Doubt Sturgeon will approve tbh and it has been confirmed she will make final decision on it tomorrow. 

Is a test event at Murrayfield on Friday night with 700 fans, she may see that as sufficient for one weekend. 

3 hours ago, cop said:

Regarding Shankland, do I remember correctly that when Shankland left, McCall said that he would come back to Ayr at some point later in his career?

McCall talks a power of shite.