The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

On the one hand, yes. 
We kept the ball better in the middle of the park, especially second half and were much more solid defensively. 

However, we literally created nothing and that isn’t good enough - a large part of that is that we only had three attacking players on the pitch. May work better if our full backs were better going forward. 

Full backs do need to offer more.  I've been disappointed in Reading - plays left mid / left wing for Scotland u21 but never seems to be able to find a man from a cross on the overlap for Ayr.  Doesnt make sense.  

3 attacking players with full backs pushing on and the midfield 3 keeping possession should be absolutely fine.  Just for some reason at the moment it isnt.   We used to score goals for fun under McCall with 3 attacking players. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Based on tonight’s showing I’d be hoping we could line up like this

Sinisalo

Houston
Baird
Muirhead
Reading

Kerr
Murdoch

McCowan
Smith
Walsh

Moffat

I'd agree that looks good.  Walsh surely has to be fit to start soon. 

I contrived to miss our goal as I thought fck all had happened for us up until that point, went and put the kettle on and we scored 😑 it seemed in the second half we were quite content with a draw

P.S Nesbitt tying with McDaid for wankiest hair seen at Somerset this season 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Draw a fair result neither team were great, don’t know what has happened to Houston boy looks a nervous wreck of a player the amount of times he gave throw ins straight to the opposition , I think Kerr is just trying to play him through it, same goes for Murdoch and I think he needs a rest after the injury he had. Moff probably his worse game so far but he has been good, Kerr had a decent game and Reading was a lot better, that’s def our best centre backs, all the rest were average, so not a good performance so a point is a bonus.

26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I contrived to miss our goal as I thought fck all had happened for us up until that point, went and put the kettle on and we scored 😑 it seemed in the second half we were quite content with a draw

P.S Nesbitt tying with McDaid for wankiest hair seen at Somerset this season 

Robbie Muirhead wins hands down. 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Sounded to me like an attitude issue... 

Reminds me of something that junped out at me right back at the start of season in the post match interview from an early game (Annan in the cup maybe) just after Anderson had been pulled away for the U21's and not played.   Think Anderson had said pre game that he just couldn't get his head switched on for the game or something due to all the travelling etc.  Maybe some personal issues in there - good luck to the guy.   Can't be an easy time to be on a short term loan a fair distance from home living in a rented flat etc and you can hardly go outside.

Edited by Hursty

I see Queens won today away to Raith. This league as ever throws up ridiculous results. It makes Saturday's game at Palmerston all the tougher as its a confident Queens instead of one on a 5 game losing streak. We are also always honking down there. Argh!

16 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Reminds me of something that junped out at me right back at the start of season in the post match interview from an early game (Annan in the cup maybe) just after Anderson had been pulled away for the U21's and not played.   Think Anderson had said pre game that he just couldn't get his head switched on for the game or something due to all the travelling etc.  Maybe some personal issues in there - good luck to the guy.   Can't be an easy time to be on a short term loan a fair distance from home living in a rented flat etc and you can hardly go outside.

Bang on . 

Disappointing losing Anderson, should have worked because we've seen he can do it at this level for Dunfermline, for whatever reason though it didn't, looks as if there's off field issues he has which could be an influencing factor. He had to move down here apparantly which during a pandemic certainly won't be easy.

Worrying though that we now need a striker, possibly 2 depending on what's happening with Innes Cameron. Drinan ain't coming back so we're either going to have to get a kid on loan or someone who's not getting game time where they are and looking for a loan or early release.

Edited by rb123!