The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Hursty said:

Next 4 games are Morton, Raith, Hearts, Dundee all away before a home game with Raith then Alloa away.  If we don't take anything from those away games (seems likely as it stands) then that Alloa game is going to be a loser comes bottom one.  The fact we have 0/6 v Arbroath and 1/6 v Morton suggests we are absolutely banking on a win v Alloa and no playoffs.  That's unacceptable.  If Kerr gets sacked after a 1 or 2-0 defeat to Morton next week then Smith has already failed in his job.  (Unless relegation has someone been cancelled)

Kerr should be nowhere near managing us on Saturday. He should be emptied tonight and it’s completely criminal if he isn’t 

Kerr should be nowhere near managing us on Saturday. He should be emptied tonight and it’s completely criminal if he isn’t 

Monday at the latest I feel.

He won’t have had a chat with Smith until tomorrow or then probably. That is if he’s getting sacked at all.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Monday at the latest I feel.

He won’t have had a chat with Smith until tomorrow or then probably. That is if he’s getting sacked at all.

There obviously wasn't an ultimatum arranged for today if we lost he was gone unlike Killie who dumped Dyer an hour after full time on the Saturday they lost.

Would expect Smith will be giving himself this evening to have a long hard think to assess the situation and possibly even spoken to board tonight.

Most likely probably will have a virtual meeting tomorrow and decide, possible announcement tomorrow? (Seems unlikely on a Sunday) 

Could be first thing Monday morning to get an interim in, we need a new manager fast though, don't have time to fanny about with an interim for a few games.

And if it's Davie Fucking White as interim he can f**k right off back to the Academy.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Absolutely 

Edit: as said above, Monday maybe. But i would also hope wheels are in motion right now about someone to come in.  

Edited by Hursty

Smith must be thinking what the fucks he gotten himself into. Few months as owner and landed with this decision. How would he go about making a new managerial appointment with zero experience in the matter. By Monday I expect we'll probably get a statement from him one way or another, has to say something if he's going to continue backing Kerr.

Its a strange situation as I don't even really mind who we do bring in - it just has to be someone from outside the club to maybe have enough of a shake up to get enough wins to keep us up, and can then be reviewed in May.  Its basically an 11 game job at the moment with the target of 3 or 4 wins probably to keep us 8th as a minimum.

Edited by Hursty

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Smith must be thinking what the fucks he gotten himself into. Few months as owner and landed with this decision. How would he go about making a new managerial appointment with zero experience in the matter. By Monday I expect we'll probably get a statement from him one way or another, has to say something if he's going to continue backing Kerr.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, more like this lol

This Is Fine GIF

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Said the same to my old man earlier.  Smith is literally just in the door with no experience in football - does he even know how to approach and appoint a manager?    That's not meant as a criticism in the slightest, just that Scottish football is quite a cliquey set up in general and he won't have many contacts at all you'd think. 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Said the same to my old man earlier.  Smith is literally just in the door with no experience in football - does he even know how to approach and appoint a manager?    That's not meant as a criticism in the slightest, just that Scottish football is quite a cliquey set up in general and he won't have many contacts at all you'd think. 

Put an ad in the ayrshire post lol

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Someone get a petition started, the lockdown way of getting a manager booted

Aye its hard with 4 away games in a row now - me refusing to pay the other  clubs their money due to us being shite and probably watching on a shitty free pixelot stream or more likely  slinging it for soccer Saturday isn't really going to make much of an impact at boardroom level