The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Robbo is the Burnley game still happening a week tomorrow? Need to know before I make other plans 😂

Yes , 1pm kick off , not sure how many fans yet , should know on Monday after we get Edinburgh City workload out the way 

6 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Does anyone know what Falkirk and Accies have done over the close season or are they much ‘as they were’ from last season?

Accies are pretty much the same I think. Have signed Kieran MacDonald from Raith who was in the league TOTY. Falkirk have recruited quite well. Both have stronger squads than us at it stands I’d say. 

8 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Does anyone know what Falkirk and Accies have done over the close season or are they much ‘as they were’ from last season?

Accies definitely weaker , not sure about Falkirk , but they absolutely capitulated end of last season 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Accies are pretty much the same I think. Have signed Kieran MacDonald from Raith who was in the league TOTY. Falkirk have recruited quite well. Both have stronger squads than us at it stands I’d say. 

Not just about who they signed , Accies lost far better than they signed 

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Suprised there was still tickets left an hour ago. Honestly thought theyd all be gone by about 10.30. Hopefully not a sign of apathy to come 

Lots of people thought we had sold out , I had at least 30 calls at shop asking if tickets were still available, the issue was the queues online this morning people gave up then thought they were finished , still a small number left for North Terracing , stand patrons have declined tickets as there were only less than 50 available and they etc didn’t want terrace tickets 

Falkirk have signed a bunch of shite tbh and I include McGuffie in that. Might seems harsh but he’s not what they need to be able to win that league.

Hamilton have barley signed anyone although MacDonald is a good player and they already have existing players who are better than what we have.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Suprised there was still tickets left an hour ago. Honestly thought theyd all be gone by about 10.30. Hopefully not a sign of apathy to come 

Remember 500 tickets only available to 700 season ticket holders, many of whom will be unable or unwilling to attend.

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Remember 500 tickets only available to 700 season ticket holders, many of whom will be unable or unwilling to attend.

900 season ticket holders now , Panda Pals approx 100 who were not eligible for email as under 12 , 240 stand holders who did not want terracing and stand had less than 50 available, lots of fans stay outwith Ayrshire and don’t want to travel on a Tuesday night against a lower league team  as it’s not part of season ticket package , if the tickets were available to all fans I would think they would have been sold before lunchtime 

Edited by Finlay21

I was tempted not to go on Tuesday, The early rounds of the cup and not having a full squad didn't excite me all that much. But the draw of not going for over a year, coupled with the fact that we might end up getting locked down again meant it was too good an opportunity to miss. Kind of looking forward to it now. 

There are guys that have broken through at clubs and have moved to better clubs in the summer, meaning that fans will never have seen them play in the flesh. Fortunately(?)  that hasn't happened at Ayr. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I was tempted not to go on Tuesday, The early rounds of the cup and not having a full squad didn't excite me all that much. But the draw of not going for over a year, coupled with the fact that we might end up getting locked down again meant it was too good an opportunity to miss. Kind of looking forward to it now. 

There are guys that have broken through at clubs and have moved to better clubs in the summer, meaning that fans will never have seen them play in the flesh. Fortunately(?)  that hasn't happened at Ayr. 

Why would we be locked down again and not allowed into football? The vaccines are doing their job

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why would we be locked down again and not allowed into football? The vaccines are doing their job

Because response to the pandemic was so criminally incompetent that vaccine-resistant strains have developed and spread widely enough to further mutate. Something which will of course only increase as of the weekend.

Speaking of which, the season starts tomorrow. After finishing last season out of the relegation slots on goal difference, Ayr's bold Rebuild For The Future consists of:

• The back five that finished in the relegation slots
  • An under-21 from St Mirren Reserves
  • A striker from the fifth tier of English football
  • A keeper from the seventh tier of English football

Altogether, the entire squad mustered twelve (12) goals between them in the SPFL / EFL last season. (Let's be generous and bump it to 16 to account for the missing round of fixtures.)

Because response to the pandemic was so criminally incompetent that vaccine-resistant strains have developed and spread widely enough to further mutate. Something which will of course only increase as of the weekend.
Speaking of which, the season starts tomorrow. After finishing last season out of the relegation slots on goal difference, Ayr's bold Rebuild For The Future consists of:
Altogether, the entire squad mustered twelve (12) goals between them in the SPFL / EFL last season. (Let's be generous and bump it to 16 to account for the missing round of fixtures.)

Who is the back 5 that finished in the relegation places? McAdams, Fjortoft and McGinty are the only ones that we’ve signed from Morton that play in defensive/goalie positions. Even then I don’t know why some people are looking at McAdams and Fjortoft and not seeing that they are actually good signings?

£50 charity bet with any of the doom merchants.

Take your pick…..

1. We will not have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th worst defensive record in the league (league goals conceded)

2. We will not finish last, 2nd, 3rd or 4th bottom in the league.

6 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Take your pick…..

1. We will not have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th worst defensive record in the league (league goals conceded)

Should be an AU 500 fund bet in my opinion.

34 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Thumper, you really do know how to depress everyone. 

AYR UNITED: Sinisalo, Muirhead, Roscoe, Murdoch (Hewitt, 72), Moffat (Smith, 86), Miller, Walsh (Zanatta, 49), McCowan (McKenzie, 86), Chalmers, Anderson, Baird.

Subs (not used): Hare-Reid (GK), Houston, Kerr.

This was the team which played Albion Rovers in the 1st game of the season last year. Has our squad actually improved at all over the summer? 

16 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Take your pick…..