The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Maybe I'm being thick but if Moffat is having to isolate that cant be the reason he was down at flamingo land?

Are we saying he went to flamingo land and then got pinged? Not his finest moment….

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Just over 2000 positive cases reported today. It hasn't gone away.

And what? Of course there is going to be more positive cases as restrictions ease. As long as people aren’t getting seriously ill/dying then it’s irrelevant. The vaccine is absolutely smoking the virus. 

18 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Are we saying he went to flamingo land and then got pinged? Not his finest moment….

Flamingo Land is irrelevant, he could have either picked it up or been track and traced anywhere , we have already had a number of players track and traced and were not away anywhere like a number of teams so far , just have to look at the number of games called off over the last week , 4 friendlies and 3 cup games that I know of , 

Edited by Finlay21

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Flamingo Land is irrelevant, he could have either picked it up or been track and traced anywhere , we have already had a number of players track and traced and were not away anywhere like a number of teams so far , just have to look at the number of games called off over the last week , 4 friendlies and 3 cup games that I know of , 

Yeah what is the guy supposed to do, not go anywhere? If my work told me to do that I’d be utterly fuming.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You know things are bad when none of the usual happy clappers are about trying to put a good spin on things after yesterday.

I think people were optimistic and thought maybe giving that hopkin had a chance to sign players he wanted, however the result showed there is still only one game plan and it’s terrible to watch. This means it’s only likely to go one way and that is down 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

And what? Of course there is going to be more positive cases as restrictions ease. As long as people aren’t getting seriously ill/dying then it’s irrelevant. The vaccine is absolutely smoking the virus. 

People are still becoming seriously ill, people are still dying. Not enough people have had two doses of the vaccine yet. We are not over the hill yet. 

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This season is going to be farcical if they keep current test and protect rules the same whilst opening up. Need to get it binned for double vaccinated people or there’ll be postponements weekly.

I wonder what Kris Doolan is doing this Tuesday ! 

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
22 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
He's already proven me wrong by managing a clean sheet with McGinty starting. 

We will be the first team in history to draw every game 0-0

It does have that kind of feeling to it, unfortunately.

I desperately hope not though.

2 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

So how did they manage to get the cases then?? 

Because they are reported by a different agency. Tests are the concern of the NHS. Registrars process death certificates.

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm glad I never downloaded track and trace. Absolute mental folk are having to isolate now that the most vulnerable and elderly are double dosed and practically everyone else has had at least one jag

My ex partner is double jagged and got covid and had all the breathing difficulty etc you'd expect if you aren't jagged at all.  Remember the vaccine is not 100% effective and no guarantees against new strains. 

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah what is the guy supposed to do, not go anywhere? If my work told me to do that I’d be utterly fuming.

Would anyone even consider it

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Everything that's going on down in London just now with packed streets and stadium makes an absolute mockery of where we're at up here, we're on a different planet.

England is the outlier amongst the European countries.