The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

McKenzie tends to have good games more often that not away from home so i'm hoping that trend continues, midfield still very debatable. 5 subs gives us good flexibility to bring on likes of Adeloye, McInroy, O'Connor and Gondoh if the game isn't already by us at HT...

To me it looks like a 4411 possibly a diamond in the middle four, with McKenzie off Ashford. 

No reason why it can't be a positive team, designed to gain control in the middle of the field on a difficult surface. 

Keep the faith (until we're 2 down inside 10 minutes😂😂). 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Think it's a 4/3/3 with Muirhead the holding midfielder

It’ll be a 4-5-1, with an isolated striker - absolutely guaranteed. The wide midfielders won’t get up the pitch as we are incapable of keeping the ball with Muirhead at CM. 

I’m as much a fan of that team as everyone else but I don’t think there’s much merit in starting a guy who hasn’t played in about three weeks.

As long as he’s starting on Saturday with either O’Connor or Gondoh in for McKenzie I’ll be happy.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’m as much a fan of that team as everyone else but I don’t think there’s much merit in starting a guy who hasn’t played in about three weeks.

As long as he’s starting on Saturday with either O’Connor or Gondoh in for McKenzie I’ll be happy.

He could not have started in nine months, and he should be starting in front of Muirhead with Murdoch being the deep lying player tbh. 

It has only been three weeks, and at worst he will have been training (if not participating in bounce games)

He could not have started in nine months, and he should be starting in front of Muirhead with Murdoch being the deep lying player tbh. 
It has only been three weeks, and at worst he will have been training (if not participating in bounce games)

Managers very rarely start a player if he hasn’t had at least one training session with the squad. I don’t think he was training with us prior to signing so he was always unlikely to start.

Maxwell did quite well in getting closer to Ashford and setting him up for a goal so hopefully he can continue that. Ashford doesn’t strike me as someone who will be as static as Adeloye either and will actually move towards the ball if we are struggling in midfield. His goal against Hamilton came about because he dropped out the box and moved to receive a pass. Adeloye can barely trap a ball let alone come a bit deeper to receive it.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Managers very rarely start a player if he hasn’t had at least one training session with the squad. I don’t think he was training with us prior to signing so he was always unlikely to start.

Maxwell did quite well in getting closer to Ashford and setting him up for a goal so hopefully he can continue that. Ashford doesn’t strike me as someone who will be as static as Adeloye either and will actually move towards the ball if we are struggling in midfield. His goal against Hamilton came about because he dropped out the box and moved to receive a pass. Adeloye can barely trap a ball let alone come a bit deeper to receive it.

I know - it is obviously just frustrating seeing Muirhead in there again!

I’m hoping some better movement up front will improve things too. 

I know - it is obviously just frustrating seeing Muirhead in there again!
I’m hoping some better movement up front will improve things too. 

See tbh looking at the state of that pitch id say we’ve more chance of winning with the ball in the air.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I think a front two would possibly have been beneficial in terms of that too. 

We need to put one up front down as a failed experiment and fire it into the bin.

Let's face it, our defence is shite and is conceding goals anyway. Playing two up front at least gives us a chance of scoring.