The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is extremely premature and it’s not obvious at all that we’re going anywhere. We’ve still got a way to go in terms of staying up and then we’ve got a huge summer ahead of us in terms of recruitment. Mathie and Glendinning did what was needed in January but it will be a much bigger task in the summer to build a squad capable of getting into the play offs.

Again DJ your getting caught in the moment , this season/next season, which is fair enough . I’m looking a bit further out than that . The income streams at the club are growing ,Cameron’s Bar , new Spencer’s etc ,with much more in the pipe line . The off pitch recruitment is complete except maybe a number 2 for Bully . That situation will be sorted in the summer . I’m pretty sure we’ll be pretty competitive in the recruitment business in the summer and in years to come with Glendinning provided the names for Bully to cast his eye over . 

In the short term there will be games lost this season however this team will win a few as well ...

10 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I just want us to go to QOS on April 23rd not needing a result. How we achieve that via home or away points is of no concern to me. Its the thought of them sending us to the playoffs or worse has me breaking into a cold sweat. 

The sooner we are safe the sooner we can start building a squad for next season, not knowing what league that will be will put a few players off from signing for us. 

We need to get some business done early including some of the loan players. We can't be going in to September again missing players in key positions. 

The players we have signed up for next season would take a fair chunk out of a league one budget, we would probably lose a few of the players like Murdoch and Reading meaning a bigger recruitment job for next season. 

We have beaten Kilmarnock and like Raith have competed well against Arbroath and Hamilton. we also play Morton in those 4 weeks. Anything over 7 points from those games and we'll be ok. Anything over that will be a bonus. 

9 hours ago, AuAl said:

Forgot to say yesterday, that was some performance from Houston. He took a lot of stick last weekend after a very poor showing. I think I had said on here that I didn't think he was near good enough to be a championship starter, but if he continues to play like he did yesterday we will have no problems.

Got to agree with that.

Like You, I tend not to be Houston's biggest fan, but Yes, he was very good yesterday so credit where it's due.

VOR saying we’re hoping to do some transfer business before the end of the week. Can only be free agents so I’m not sure how big the pool of players is that would be able to make a positive contribution to the last few games. Hopefully it’s not a sign that Dempsey is out long term.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

VOR saying we’re hoping to do some transfer business before the end of the week. Can only be free agents so I’m not sure how big the pool of players is that would be able to make a positive contribution to the last few games. Hopefully it’s not a sign that Dempsey is out long term.

Just waiting on international clearance. 

17 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I'm really surprised how bleak some folk are being on here.

We've won 3 of our last 4 league games. That's as good as anyone in the division.

And at least 2 of these games involved winning in places we've not won in fucking donkey years.

The team are playing well and confidence is high. Being an ayr fan gives us plenty of opportunities to be pessimistic about football - so let's not do it needlessly.

Yes, I kind of touched on this last week but it really is strange times when we're even pulling apart a 4-0 Away victory looking for negatives !!

We WILL lose games, every team loses games, whether it be PSG in the French league, Bayern in Germany or the old firm here, that's just the nature of Football and of course we're neither of those sides !!

As a supporter, all I'm looking for (or indeed realistically expecting) is for my team to put up a bit of a fight, play a bit of attractive attacking football and have as many shots at goal as they can possibly muster, if they can do that then that's fine by me. Some we'll win, some we'll draw and some we'll lose but that's normal and all our opponents are in the same boat with similar sized (or higher) budgets  and expectations of victory.

Basically it's about fundamentals, so Yes while the Queens game was a poor performance and ultimately a defeat, the evidence in the form of the last three away wins against Kilmarnock, Inverness and Raith would suggest to me that fundamentally we don't have too many issues and that our Manager surely knows how to get the players motivated, set up and indeed show that they're capable of delivering us results and as I say, that's all as a supporter that I can realistically hope for.

Will we stay up ? 

Who could say, however I feel we have a much better than Evs chance and with the team we now have I have every confidence that we will Win at least another 2 to 3 games (and draw a couple) which will be enough to secure our Championship place.

Anyway, on to the big game on Friday with confidence high and realistically every chance of doing a quick double over our county cousins !!

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hopefully another “jobber from England” like Ben Dempsey and Sam Ashford then.

Unlike Tinie Tempah our new signing has been to a certain English town.