The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

My main takeaway from Saturday is while we have a pretty decent starting 11, more than capable of getting at least a playoff place the drop off is quite big. It feels like we’re always just a couple of injuries away from a crisis. 

I don’t think we should or will break the bank in January however there is no doubt we need a few additions in January to cement our playoff place/push for that title. In an ideal world we’ll be adding two fullbacks, centre back and depending on the severity of Ben Dempsey injury possibly a centre mid aswell. 

When you look at Inverness and Partick  and even Raith, it's clear that we're all in the sane boat with regards to injuries to 3 or 4 key players at once. Teams at our keel simply can't afford top class back up in every position.

Holding his powder Bullen but that second goal is offside,Graham is standing on the line behind the keeper and it comes off him no question that’s offside 2  1 at half time gave them a massive lift and Bullens right the officials got that call badly wrong and influenced the result.

Partick were very good for an hour but Ayr were the better team last half hour and should have equalised keeper makes a great double save.

7 Academy players in Saturday's squad plus a few 1st team regulars barely recovered from the sickness bug suggests we were fortunate to get anywhere near a result against one of the play-off contenders. No excuses though and I'm reminded of what Bully said a while back - "Don't get too high in victory and don't get too low in defeat"......but what I'd give for one or two that defeated French WC squad 😀

Somerset Boab can get into the fucking sea. An egotistical embarrassment to the club. I don't know why anyone with any sense would involve him after his antics before.

We can't produce decent highlights but we'll make your eardrums bleed with some fan who can't even sing. Really? I think we need to re-think our priorities.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Somerset Boab can get into the fucking sea. An egotistical embarrassment to the club. I don't know why anyone with any sense would involve him after his antics before.

We can't produce decent highlights but we'll make your eardrums bleed with some fan who can't even sing. Really? I think we need to re-think our priorities.

I mean is he being endorsed by the club for doing this or has he just decided on his own back to start doing this again, must be to some capacity i suppose since he was at the Ayr Central pop up shop last week.

As much as i personally can't stand him he'll attract the younger age groups and fit in with Smith/Mathie's vision of community engagement i'd imagine, so as much as i'm not a fan if that's all it is he can do whatever he likes and i'll choose to just not listen to the stuff. 

To start with I thought Somerset Boab was brilliant for the club. Aye the songs were really cringy however the kids loved him and he made a decent amount of money for the club through his songs, pies and beer. As his popularity grew so did his ego and he ended up spitting the dummy after falling out with McCall/Miller/Cameron. 

Got no issues with him being back at Somerset however given his outbursts the club shouldn’t be endorsing him. 

1 minute ago, honestly united said:

Do we get Hewitt back from his loan at Peterhead in January? Could do with him as can play both RB & CM, hopefully he's had a some decent game time and comes back ready to go.

Season long loan however id imagine we’ll have a recall option in January. Seems to be playing every week however Peterhead are an absoulote binfire just now and look like certs for at very best 9th. 

7 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Do we get Hewitt back from his loan at Peterhead in January? Could do with him as can play both RB & CM, hopefully he's had a some decent game time and comes back ready to go.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Season long loan however id imagine we’ll have a recall option in January. Seems to be playing every week however Peterhead are an absoulote binfire just now and look like certs for at very best 9th. 

Yeah Peterhead are absolutely rank rotten so would imagine they should be bringing him back ASAP, will be terrible playing environment for him i'd imagine plus as pointed out with injuries we could actually do with him now.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

To start with I thought Somerset Boab was brilliant for the club. Aye the songs were really cringy however the kids loved him and he made a decent amount of money for the club through his songs, pies and beer. As his popularity grew so did his ego and he ended up spitting the dummy after falling out with McCall/Miller/Cameron. 

Got no issues with him being back at Somerset however given his outbursts the club shouldn’t be endorsing him. 

Nah get him to f**k.

4 hours ago, Rossco500 said:

What’s been annoying all season is communication with the club about injuries and how long players have been out for. Yes you can’t tell exactly how long a player is out for but useful for fans to know. Take O’Connor for example, went off injured a month ago and nothing said whatsoever. 

The club I believe deliberately do not pass on this info as it then helps other teams prepare for a game against us 

4 hours ago, honestly united said:

I hope so. He was at the calendar signing tonight so I take it he still trains with us? 

Good wee night. The weans loved it and a nice touch Mathie being there welcoming folk 

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Who knows, we said season long and Peterhead said until January.  

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Might be wrong but I think any club can cancel a loan in January 

Also this.  Was just meaning both clubs reported the legnth of the deal differently though.