The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm sure one of the things that attracted Logan to Ayr was the atmosphere inside Somerset after watching us on TV. 

Having been there the atmosphere at Forest Green is absolutely dire, and I went when they were doing quite well. Like a vegan Cove with an extra 1000 fans. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The ginger fatty took the huff because we didn’t sack our catering staff and let him bring in his own. 

I don’t know why anyone in sports would advocate professional athletes going veggie. 

The idea that being a vegetarian or vegan magically makes you healthy is a complete myth.

My older brother has been a vegetarian for 25+ years and he's no less of a fat b*****d than I am.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

The idea that being a vegetarian or vegan magically makes you healthy is a complete myth.

My older brother has been a vegetarian for 25+ years and he's no less of a fat b*****d than I am.

See also: David Hopkin 

There is absolutely no doubt that everyone’s body is different and different diets and routines work better for some. Djokovic made the change for health reasons I think because he kept becoming fatigued earlier in matches. If it works for him then fair enough. 

The idea that you can then implement that in a football squad of around 25 people and expect it to work with everyone is insanity. It’s even more hilarious as there’s not a chance everyone was sticking to that diet at home. 

14 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

This is going to come across as incredibly bad and I dont intend it to, but did this guy not just jump in the Super Ayr bandwagon when we signed Frankie? So less than a year or supporting us and hes getting the VIP experience? 

I remember somecunt from either the USA or Canada got the VIP experience for playing as us on Football Manager on his streams.

The game he actually went to, we played absolutely shite. He probably rethought his position after that.

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

Forest Green Rovers wanting to sign Logan Chalmers, that's us fucked

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/forest-green-rovers-weigh-up-25916869

When I read that I took it as a summer move.  Didn't expect to see him next year anyway. 

10 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I'm sure one of the things that attracted Logan to Ayr was the atmosphere inside Somerset after watching us on TV. 

Having been there the atmosphere at Forest Green is absolutely dire, and I went when they were doing quite well. Like a vegan Cove with an extra 1000 fans. 

I think the players are asked to mention it.  Much like how every player that signs for Dunfermline says that they are "a big club" despite existing in League One as much as ourselves these days. 

Game day fellas , we just can not afford to f**k this up . Same rules apply for Arbroath next week . Plenty of six pointers in the next two weeks for all our rivals , as they say something has got to give . We just need to do our job properly.  It would be great heading up to Cove for the cup game having banked maximum points from these two home games . 

Hopefully the Chalmers and O'connor situations don't distract the team and the boys get on with business . Be interesting to see what rabbits the club pull out the hat in the next few weeks ....

27 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think the players are asked to mention it.  Much like how every player that signs for Dunfermline says that they are "a big club" despite existing in League One as much as ourselves these days. 

There's no such thing as "big clubs". It's a phrase thrown around by irrelevant clubs to make themselves feel better about themselves.

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

After the vegetarian/vegan talk, I thought I'd rant (again) that its 2023 and the kiosk in the main stand still doesnt have something basic like a macaroni pie 🙄

Had a macaroni pie a few weeks ago at Firhill and it was the only good thing that happened that day. 

24 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

There's no such thing as "big clubs". It's a phrase thrown around by irrelevant clubs to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Scotland certainly has no big clubs. 

Going veggie/vegan is like any other "diet" on the planet; put shit in, get shit out.

I tried going vegan a few years back for a bit while doing a fitness programme and felt fitter and better than I had at any point in my life (I'm fit anyway), but I was monitoring everything and was eating ridiculously cleanly. That's where the challenge for me lay. Pro athletes have (or should have) all that taken care of for them. Should be a personal choice mind.

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s one they’d have to replace. Was in the AP they were worried he’d be away and were holding off on signing too much in case they needed to replace him. 

He’s been brilliant for us this season and it will be hard to bring someone in who can have that same impact. 

Our results and indeed performances prior to the arrival of Chalmers were very good so I don't think we'd suddenly become terrible if he left.

I agree that individually he can be brilliant and unplayable at times but equally he can make poor decisions and not offer much defensively (which i touched on in a previous post) so as I say, it certainly wouldn't be terminal to our promotion / play off hopes.

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Red bull diet.

Eat what you like during the week. On match day, have every player have six cans of red bull 5 minutes before the game and six at half time.

Okay, they might not win but would surely be great watching.

I did see Jamie Vardy downing a can of Red Bull before coming on as a sub last week. If it works in the Premier League...