The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I like McKenzie I was trying to highlight how unfair the criticism of Bryden was compared with the other 2 who did nothing, McKenzie was asked to compete in midfield which he didn't, who knows what JML was asked to do, whatever it may have been he didn't do it. McKenzie is a striker so unfair to be continually asked to play midfield, wide right or left, but in his last 3 appearances Thistle as a striker, on against Dundee and again yesterday he's done nothing, that said I like him alongside Dipo but has to do more. 

I’m not entirely sure what people are talking about when discussing the criticism of Bryden. It was mentioned that at the moment there isn’t much about him technically and that he needs to go on loan to improve as he doesn’t offer much right now. Not exactly controversial.

McKenzie is absolutely miles in front, so that comparison is frankly stupid. 

55 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

I like McKenzie I was trying to highlight how unfair the criticism of Bryden was compared with the other 2 who did nothing, McKenzie was asked to compete in midfield which he didn't, who knows what JML was asked to do, whatever it may have been he didn't do it. McKenzie is a striker so unfair to be continually asked to play midfield, wide right or left, but in his last 3 appearances Thistle as a striker, on against Dundee and again yesterday he's done nothing, that said I like him alongside Dipo but has to do more. 

Fair enough, I feel that's more a management issue about not playing to people's strengths. McKenzie doesn't have the crossing ability of Mullin, trickery of Chalmers, O'Connor's dribbling or natural pace like Mitchell-Lawson so is wasted out wide.

Probably knows he needs to add more goals and would like to see him be more selfish and take more shots but on this season's form he deserves to be second striker at the minute.

16 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not entirely sure what people are talking about when discussing the criticism of Bryden. It was mentioned that at the moment there isn’t much about him technically and that he needs to go on loan to improve as he doesn’t offer much right now. Not exactly controversial.

McKenzie is absolutely miles in front, so that comparison is frankly stupid. 

McKenzie is shite had one wonder goal in dundee a few years back and hasn’t done anything since 

12 minutes ago, Jack1910 said:

McKenzie is shite had one wonder goal in dundee a few years back and hasn’t done anything since 

If you posted this last season I would probably agree, but all this list shows is an inability to see an improvement in a player. I was one of McKenzie’s biggest detractors last season, but for the most part he has been good this season when played in his actual position. Going forward I think we need slightly better as a starter, but he is still a good squad player to have. 

39 minutes ago, Jack1910 said:

I can only assume you haven't been at many games or appreciate the link up play that he has with Dipo in particular.

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Adeloye signing for Dundee- my mate who has a lower league podcast for the EFL has contacts with Crawley and has confirmed he’s going there 

Would be interesting to see how he does in a second stint in this league with what is undoubtedly a better team behind him. He did have a habit of missing sitters occasionally but his return of 11 goals in the league (I think it was) was impressive considering how mince we were. We owed him a lot and I personally really liked him.

Hope he's shite for Dundee though.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What type of striker is Adeloye?

Did well with no support last season. People thought he was lazy and missed to many chances but we would have been dead and buried without him last season. 

scored goals you wouldn’t expect him to and missed goals you would expect him to score. 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Did well with no support last season. People thought he was lazy and missed to many chances but we would have been dead and buried without him last season. 

scored goals you wouldn’t expect him to and missed goals you would expect him to score. 

Can he hold the ball up is the big thing for us right now?

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can he hold the ball up is the big thing for us right now?

Aye, was quite good at that from memory. Good at holding it up to bring others into play, shame we had very few 'others' that could take advantage.