The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, Iain said:

Surely Ayr's off field ambition and competitive playing budget should be appealing to any manager who's been fired from their past three jobs and isn't in the running for any of the three vacancies in the tier one above?

I don't know who you're talking about to be honest. 

Are we an attractive proposition, in the bigger picture to the right candidate? Absolutely. 

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Just saw the teaser pictures of the new kit, Have we gone with the Spurs retro look again?

#weareunited will please someone.......

Nothing like any Spurs top  I have seen , it’s a unique design , during all the photo shoots with numerous fans taking part for the O’Neils video it came across as a very popular top with them 

Edited by Finlay21

20 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Nothing like any Spurs top  I have seen , it’s a unique design , during all the photo shoots with numerous fans taking part for the O’Neils video it came across as a very popular top with them 

A7EF49DD-01A7-47DA-BB70-3AA61271607C.thumb.jpeg.d372dc3d85152d8e52c8ebdcc0918f11.jpegBDFB8624-BD2B-451C-8F6F-6D974738034C.thumb.jpeg.440b7514e962389104ff8a862ad30543.jpegThere is a similarity between this season and last seasons top based on the small image.

But I’m willing to accept it’ll look completely different 

See to be honest I quite like the idea of using a hashtag to promote the club online and have a sort of tagline for the club. The issue is that the club have maybe been guilty of misreading the room a bit and using it when they shouldn’t have. 

O’Neills strips can sometimes be a bit different especially the away or third strips so I’m quite excited to see what they’ve come up with for us bearing in mind our main colours are black and white and there’s only so much you can do with it. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Cannot believe they've done that. Wearing fucking hashtags now...

for-those-reasons-im-out.gif

You need to look very hard to see  the hashtag, I have seen the strip numerous times preparing the kit for the launch and never even noticed it until shown it this afternoon 

54 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

You need to look very hard to see  the hashtag, I have seen the strip numerous times preparing the kit for the launch and never even noticed it until shown it this afternoon 

Is it on the inside of the collar at the back? 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

A7EF49DD-01A7-47DA-BB70-3AA61271607C.thumb.jpeg.d372dc3d85152d8e52c8ebdcc0918f11.jpegBDFB8624-BD2B-451C-8F6F-6D974738034C.thumb.jpeg.440b7514e962389104ff8a862ad30543.jpegThere is a similarity between this season and last seasons top based on the small image.

But I’m willing to accept it’ll look completely different 

Must be like that, can't imagine there's much else going on except plain white below the badge considering the logo in the middle too. If the black slanty stripes extend over the shoulders and sleeves too it could be smart

19 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I'm sorry but I cannot agree. This is revisionism.

The 2018/19 team was built on the 2017/18 team. Likewise the 2019/20 team was built on the remains of the 2018/19 team (the 2019/20 team started the league on fire playing some of the best football I've seen us play).

The issue was that we lost our management team and made some dreadful appointments. Under McCall and Stewart 2018/19 wouldn't have been a flash in the pan. We may not have been able to exceed it and that was what ultimately led to McCall leaving. However, we weren't the rudderless wreck you paint now. You do a disservice to the club then in favour of now. There is no balance with you, its all one way traffic.

We've undoubtedly improved off the field and are more professional off of it as well with Smith, Mathie and Glendinning. The hub and the new north stand are phenomenal achievements. That said, If I hear once more about the 'plan' I may well implode. Every club has a plan its not novel or new (even for us - there has always been a plan), it would be a dereliction of duty not to have one.

I'd argue on the field we have gone backwards, we have no discernable style of play and we have a phenomenal player propping up the team with some average players on multi year deals (the risk of signing players up or they leave for nothing)

Your I'm a better fan than you shtick is tiring as well. You aren't a better fan than anyone else on this thread just because you are optimistic. Anyone who remains optimistic for this season having watched us these last 5 months has a screw loose in my view.

No, but I am better than those who "can't be bothered going" as is everyone else.......

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No, but I am better than those who "can't be bothered going" as is everyone else.......

People can make a lot of sacrifices to be able to go to the football, if the product on the park doesn’t outweigh the sacrifices then folk will not go.

58 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Must be like that, can't imagine there's much else going on except plain white below the badge considering the logo in the middle too. If the black slanty stripes extend over the shoulders and sleeves too it could be smart

Certainly not plain white , I think in percentage it will be about 60% White and 40% Black on the front and more like 70% to 30% on back as white area needed to put name and number 

Edited by Finlay21

The good thing is after listening to many fans regarding sizing of products , the tops go from new born to 6XL and leisure wear from 4 years up to 7XL in most garments and for  the first time in many years we are also selling the goalkeeper kit , currently around 8 new products on sale tomorrow with around another 10 new products coming in June

18 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The good thing is after listening to many fans regarding sizing of products , the tops go from new born to 6XL and leisure wear from 4 years up to 7XL in most garments and for  the first time in many years we are also selling the goalkeeper kit , currently around 8 new products on sale tomorrow with around another 10 new products coming in June

Will there be a list of what's available for anyone doing a phone order?

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

Will there be a list of what's available for anyone doing a phone order?

Will try to get photos up in morning , officially being launched on Tuesday through O’Neils and Ayr showing all products on official media sites , just we are going early instore as shop was totally empty of products , won’t be online until next week as lots of work needs to be done to remove all current products and input new ranges 

23 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I remember a time the club shop would get about 100 tops in and the club shop was only open on match days. 
Hopefully the O’Neill gear is good quality. Having plenty of choice in home, away, third and training tops can be seen as fleecing the fans or giving them a choice of what they can spend their money on