The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That was a grim watch. Raith with one outfield player on the bench 🤣

It's in our own hands the play offs and we usually do well when it matters on the last day of the season, ICT away and Parkick at home last season. Confident we will finish 4th. Caley imo wont want the extra league games when theyve got the final coming up 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It's in our own hands the play offs and we usually do well when it matters on the last day of the season, ICT away and Parkick at home last season. Confident we will finish 4th. Caley imo wont want the extra league games when theyve got the final coming up 

f**k me 🙈

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They’re losing in the final anyway and everyone at the club will know that so if they get into the playoffs it’ll just make for an even better season for them. No chance they’ll just lie down for us. 

We’ll draw and be relying on Cove getting something against Morton which they really need to be doing to try and stay up. 

2 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Saw the goal from today on someone's Twitter

Looked well worked and Frankie connected with that header really well

Was a great cross by the best left winger at the club - Sean McGinty. 

Cove could potentially jump above Arbroath if they beat Morton and Arbroath lose, don't see it realistically happening though.

We need to go to Inverness all guns blazing, get the win and not come up with shite excuses. Otherwise, this season has been pissed up a wall.

Pretty flat performance against a team that came to not suffer a heavy defeat or any injuries. 
Raith did their job well but we struggled to lay a glove on them. Ashfords effort off the post, Dipo’s effort that nearly took McDonald in to the net with it and Musondas goal were the only real chances. 

Hewitt looked ropey at right back, Reading did ok but was still struggling to pass the ball. Mcalear looked lost and acted like a roundabout in the midfield for most of the game.

McGuire did well, showed his experience, the back two were solid. Mullen did well in spells as well. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Pretty flat performance against a team that came to not suffer a heavy defeat or any injuries. 
Raith did their job well but we struggled to lay a glove on them. Ashfords effort off the post, Dipo’s effort that nearly took McDonald in to the net with it and Musondas goal were the only real chances. 

Hewitt looked ropey at right back, Reading did ok but was still struggling to pass the ball. Mcalear looked lost and acted like a roundabout in the midfield for most of the game.

McGuire did well, showed his experience, the back two were solid. Mullen did well in spells as well. 

Dipo missed a sitter in the first half as well and we did fine in getting the ball into the box but Raiths centre backs did quite well in stopping them getting efforts away. Masson did especially well I thought. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lost 8-0 to East Fife a couple weeks back and emptied him a day or so later. 

Wee fud. 

f**k sake! I'll enjoy it retrospectively.

A season where Wullie Gibson & Jamie Hamill are outed and emptied as the managerial imposters they are is a good one.

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Sorry but I think it's borderline delusional to think we'll get anything off ICT, just cannot see it at all not in a month of Sundays, or Fridays.

It’s hardly delusional, we are one of the best sides in the division away from home and we have barely had a game that we haven’t competed in. Unlikely we will win, but certainly not anywhere near delusional that we will get anything. 

As much as Inverness are on a great run, they still only squeaked by two horrible teams in Hamilton and Cove recently. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely the club are going to put on busses for the game on Friday? Bit of a minter using the #weareunited patter otherwise. 

Yeah - was thinking this myself… even heavily discounted would get a bigger support up for what is a huge game. 

A couple of comments about today:

I quite liked Macguire having a roaming playmaker role. I didn't realise Bullen was capable of such a tactical change. I'm excited to see more of this.

Ashford and Mullin were irritating me in equal measure first half. Both improved to different degrees second half.

Dipo can't seem to get a break at the moment. He just needs a goal to get rolling again.

Lovely play for McGinty and Musonda for the goal. Two centre halves linking up, a great cross and header.

We need to be having more shots. Our play in the final third isn't quite precise enough.

I can't decide if I like McAlear or hate him. I go through spells of thinking he's a player then thinking he's a haddie.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

A couple of comments about today:

I quite liked Macguire having a roaming playmaker role. I didn't realise Bullen was capable of such a tactical change. I'm excited to see more of this.

Ashford and Mullin were irritating me in equal measure first half. Both improved to different degrees second half.

Dipo can't seem to get a break at the moment. He just needs a goal to get rolling again.

Lovely play for McGinty and Musonda for the goal. Two centre halves linking up, a great cross and header.

We need to be having more shots. Our play in the final third isn't quite precise enough.

I can't decide if I like McAlear or hate him. I go through spells of thinking he's a player then thinking he's a haddie.

I thought McAlear was awful tbh. He’s tidy enough on the ball but he’s constantly towing a caravan and was chasing shadows at times today. I’ll be glad if he never plays for us again and I’d be getting Smith in for next week. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought McAlear was awful tbh. He’s tidy enough on the ball but he’s constantly towing a caravan and was chasing shadows at times today. I’ll be glad if he never plays for us again and I’d be getting Smith in for next week. 

I can relate. He is so slow in thought and action. When he shot in the second half, I was laughing, I was like do you think you are Joe Chalmers? 

Weirdly, I think McAlear might be better deeper where has more time on the ball. With Murdoch a bit further forward. Murdoch seems to be staying deeper where he's not as effective for me.