The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

52 minutes ago, Nelson said:

It’s been the club’s policy for a while to not be straight about injury situations.  The Friday preview isn’t worth reading as you know they won’t tell us if a player is missing out.  They also don’t really tell us what’s wrong with a player and how long they’re expected to be out.  Does anyone actually know what’s wrong with Houston?

We basically went week to week with Murdoch in terms of when he’d back culminating in the debacle of putting him on the bench against Falkirk when the club apparently knew he wasn’t fit enough to play any part, before he then played 90 minutes 6 days later.  The club presumably thinks this confusion is to our advantage but I don’t really see it.  

I’m not ready (yet) to buy into conspiracy theories about Dipo, but the extent to which the club hasn’t been straight pre or post match just fuels suspicion that something is wrong.  If there was a bust up, I doubt Dipo would have been sitting in the stand.  I suppose it’s possible that we have received a significant bid and a decision was made that he wouldn’t play.  Look at the Savoury situation at Queens Park - on the verge of a big money moves then suffers a career threatening injury in his last game for them.

If the previous information is accurate then Dipo will be leaving in the summer as his family are now back down south. If we have recieved a large big and the same happened as Savoury then where would that leave us? IF this were a sickness bug then being fit enough to make the stadium would probably mean you could take ap lace on the bench. 

Friday also showed we are in no way shape or form equipped to get through the play offs or even think about going up. The building work starting next season will require a significant amount of investment into the club and more than likely the playing budget will be fixed. Getting a large sum of cash in a transfer fee will probably go a long way under the circumstances.. 

If a business decision has been made then fair enough. 2nd place and the cash it brings is a good enough finish for me.  Still not sure what has happened but the mix up in stories and recent silence points to something we don't know yet 

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

If the previous information is accurate then Dipo will be leaving in the summer as his family are now back down south. If we have recieved a large big and the same happened as Savoury then where would that leave us? IF this were a sickness bug then being fit enough to make the stadium would probably mean you could take ap lace on the bench. 

Friday also showed we are in no way shape or form equipped to get through the play offs or even think about going up. The building work starting next season will require a significant amount of investment into the club and more than likely the playing budget will be fixed. Getting a large sum of cash in a transfer fee will probably go a long way under the circumstances.. 

If a business decision has been made then fair enough. 2nd place and the cash it brings is a good enough finish for me.  Still not sure what has happened but the mix up in stories and recent silence points to something we don't know yet 

Totally agree with your post we are not ready . Giving mcginty and McKenzie two years deals tells me they’ve no interest in going up at this moment in time . Not a go at the players mentioned though 

McGinty has been solid this season, I think a new deal was warranted but I disagree with the length of it. As for McKenzie, he is every part the League 1 player, he probably couldn't believe his luck when he got given an extension, never mind for two years!

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Sure it's already been mentioned but there's no alternative universe I can imagine where the club rest Dipo so as not to risk a summer transfer fee. That's just wild. 

So let’s just say clutch a figure out the air ayr. 500000k bid accepted but you can’t play him in case of injury 

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

McGinty has been solid this season, I think a new deal was warranted but I disagree with the length of it. As for McKenzie, he is every part the League 1 player, he probably couldn't believe his luck when he got given an extension, never mind for two years!

Not saying he has been bad but if we had aspirations of promotion this season do you think two year deals would have been offered to these players ? I don’t think so 

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Sure it's already been mentioned but there's no alternative universe I can imagine where the club rest Dipo so as not to risk a summer transfer fee. That's just wild. 

You’re assuming it would be the clubs decision.  If we’ve accepted a bid and negotiations are under way, the buyer and the players agent may have had a say.

1 minute ago, United1973 said:

So let’s just say clutch a figure out the air ayr. 500000k bid accepted but you can’t play him in case of injury 

Not really heard of a condition like that although the potential late finish of this season and close proximity to training starting could make it possible

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

You’re assuming it would be the clubs decision.  If we’ve accepted a bid and negotiations are under way, the buyer and the players agent may have had a say.

Well yeah, it's 100% the clubs decision.

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

It's his back ffs .

Bullen said before the game it was a sickness bug…

19 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I agree with this, what Bullen is saying isn’t adding up whatsoever though - it’s all a bit odd. 

Just now, United1973 said:

If you have 8 quid to waist go ahead 👍

I just have to enter negotiations and demand he doesn't play, that's how it works right? 

18 minutes ago, United1973 said:

500000k bid accepted but you can’t play him in case of injury 

You say come and see us in the summer, we shouldn't be dictated to in the days leading upto such a massive game. I went to Livingston v Dundee Utd yesterday and if the home team can get mid table on the fanbase they have, there's no reason why we couldn't either, it's getting there that's the biggest challenge, and last Friday was the best chance we've had to take a step to do that. 

While everybody's in conspiracy meltdown what if Gerry Britton has got agent pals to conspire this Dipo "move" to make it so he wouldn't be playing against them? 😂

Perhaps we can go the same for next Friday for Graham, Tiffoney, Fitzpatrick, Lawless, Docherty and McMillan. 😉

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Well yeah, it's 100% the clubs decision.

I think that’s very naive.  Personally I think this is more cock up than conspiracy, but I certainly wouldn’t say it’s impossible that a situation has developed over the last week or so that is unwelcome in its timing which the club has tried to manage as best it can.  Time will tell I suppose.