The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

My club is fully aware of the financial difference between the premiership and the championship. You just need to look at our accounts to see it.

It’s massively rewarding, thought that was pretty obvious. Just look at Livingston. Barely able to take in 4 figure home crowds but have been challenging for the top 6 the last few years.

Not sure what any if that has to do with wild conspiracy bullshit from Ayr fans though.

Livingston and Inverness seem to have a magic money tree though. No matter how many times we hear of financial issues they always manage to keep going

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s spot on though.

Fucking ludicrous to suggest we’d let him not play. 

Perhaps a few weeks ago i would have thought so.  Considering Dipo has just picked up a sackful of national awards it's not unlikely that a decent bid has appeared. The way the club has dealt with his injury situation has moved this from moon howling stuff to outside chance

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Perhaps a few weeks ago i would have thought so.  Considering Dipo has just picked up a sackful of national awards it's not unlikely that a decent bid has appeared. The way the club has dealt with his injury situation has moved this from moon howling stuff to outside chance

There’s no doubt a bid may be on the table. There isn’t a chance that it’s made the club not play him. 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s no doubt a bid may be on the table. There isn’t a chance that it’s made the club not play him. 

You're probably right but the whole conflicting information we're getting doesn't help. Club really need to be coming out and clarifying the situation. 

24 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It all sounds great on paper but not sure what the impact of our north terracing being shut for redevelopment. Guessing this might have a knock on effect for crowd sizes and hospitality. Fairly sure the owner will have invested a fair bit so not sure how this would also impact budget next season 

The Hub didn't impact the playing budget. If I remember correctly, Smith is paying for the new stand so budget shouldn't be touched and it's most likely funded by the clubs day to day revenue anyway. 

22 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It all sounds great on paper but not sure what the impact of our north terracing being shut for redevelopment. Guessing this might have a knock on effect for crowd sizes and hospitality. Fairly sure the owner will have invested a fair bit so not sure how this would also impact budget next season 

I’m not sure what any of that has to do with what I said?

I don’t think there is any doubt that he won’t be an Ayr player next season and you will pick up a decent fee for him. There probably is an offer already on the table for him.

It is totally crazy, however, to suggest that you have accepted a bid of say £500k, agreed to not play him in your biggest games in years, lied to the fans about an injury and accepted the fact you won’t win the playoffs and missing out on potentially an extra couple of million pound in revenue next season.

6 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Dipo will be on the bench at least on Friday, I think.

It’ll be the last time the supporters will see him in an Ayr jersey so he’ll get 10 mins at the end if he’s still no fit.

Why would he get ten mins at the end ? 

38 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Livingston and Inverness seem to have a magic money tree though. No matter how many times we hear of financial issues they always manage to keep going

Considering Livingston's accounts last month showed a loss of £800k+ they've clearly got an owner/directors who are willing to stump up the extra cash to cover significant losses, bit like us with Lachlan Cameron

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You're probably right but the whole conflicting information we're getting doesn't help. Club really need to be coming out and clarifying the situation. 

What good is that going to do now? They’ve very obviously been trying not to give out much info on injuries all season. They’ve made a balls up here with the pre-match interview this week but I don’t see what good releasing a press release about it now is going to do, they’d just be digging the hole deeper.

3 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Because if his back is fucked then he’ll definitely no start.

So a token 10 mins in a dead rubber game is better than nothing especially if he’s offski  

So take a dead rubber he reptiles his acl in those ten minutes . Out for ten months and can’t get sold ? 

1 minute ago, United1973 said:

So take a dead rubber he reptiles his acl in those ten minutes . Out for ten months and can’t get sold ? 

Be back just in time to keep us up next season, I'm into it. 

I'm sick of reading shit on SRE like it's a good thing we didnt go up and it gives us another year to progress on the pitch. THIS was the perfect time to go up. The league is going to be very competitive next year and we will do well to get mid table.

I just wanted to see us get there, even if just for a season

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Hub didn't impact the playing budget. If I remember correctly, Smith is paying for the new stand so budget shouldn't be touched and it's most likely funded by the clubs day to day revenue anyw

At the visions night Smith told the room that the North Bank project would cost a little north of £1m and that he was providing the club with a loan to cover it . So an increase in revenues would be very helpful indeed.  

The actual nick of the gymnastics here to find some kind of silver bullet to trash Bullen and the club is absolutely bonkers. 

If the club want to be foggy on the details about our star player going in to a huge match to disrupt the preparations of the opposition then fine. Have a fuckin word folks, come on. 

9 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Because if his back is fucked then he’ll definitely no start.

So a token 10 mins in a dead rubber game is better than nothing especially if he’s offski  

BBC and the paper both quoted Bullen that Dipo was out with a bug. 

The first rule of lying is to do it right. As someone wise once said - oh what a tangled web we weave when first we  practice to deceive 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm sick of reading shit on SRE like it's a good thing we didnt go up and it gives us another year to progress on the pitch. THIS was the perfect time to go up. The league is going to be very competitive next year and we will do well to get mid table.

I just wanted to see us get there, even if just for a season

We  all want to see us get there but it'll take two or three seasons of good prize monies in cup and league  and one or two players being sold for profit before we have a squad capable of doing the job and staying up .