The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Time will tell I suppose.

It won't though will it? The club are never going to come out and say we were forced to pull Dipo from a playoff semi final.

United1973 is to an extent somehow in the know as he posted on Friday that Dipo wasn't playing before the teams were publicly known.

I'd be bitterly disappointed if we've been forced into this and then started making up lies as to why he's out.

I said in earlier post, just don't say anything and certainly don't get in house press conferences to ask specific questions about the player. Baffling all round.

Jesus fucking christ this thread. Dipo hasn’t signed anywhere yet, we would have played him if he was fit no team can dictate what we do with a player who does doesn’t belong to them especially given it was such an important game. The guy hasn’t missed a game all season and would have been desperate to play.  

as for bullen and the press conferences he can’t remember what he said when and is probably still trying to bluff Partick because if it’s a back injury we don’t know when he will be fit again 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

It won't though will it? The club are never going to come out and say we were forced to pull Dipo from a playoff semi final.

United1973 is to an extent somehow in the know as he posted on Friday that Dipo wasn't playing before the teams were publicly known.

I'd be bitterly disappointed if we've been forced into this and then started making up lies as to why he's out.

I said in earlier post, just don't say anything and certainly don't get in house press conferences to ask specific questions about the player. Baffling all round.

It might.  If Dipo plays on Friday, we’ll know this was all conspiracy nonsense and it was all just bad luck fuelled by poor communication from the club.  If he doesn’t and it’s announced shortly after these signed for someone for serious money, then we’ll know there probably was something going on.  

The idea that the timing of all this is 100% in the clubs control is not realistic.  Let’s say we have received a winning bid and the player’s agent has made it clear the player doesn’t want to risk a life changing move by playing, what we do?  Sack the player?  Fine him a weeks wages?  I’d be both surprised and unsurprised if this was the sort of scenario that has developed.

Or maybe he really did just have a stomach bug.  

A club would have had to bid in the region of £2 million for him for it to be an acceptable offer if it meant him not playing in the playoffs and essentially giving up on promotion and the financial rewards that comes with it.

Its complete fucking nonsense.

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

It might.  If Dipo plays on Friday, we’ll know this was all conspiracy nonsense and it was all just bad luck fuelled by poor communication from the club.  If he doesn’t and it’s announced shortly after these signed for someone for serious money, then we’ll know there probably was something going on.  

The idea that the timing of all this is 100% in the clubs control is not realistic.  Let’s say we have received a winning bid and the player’s agent has made it clear the player doesn’t want to risk a life changing move by playing, what we do?  Sack the player?  Fine him a weeks wages?  I’d be both surprised and unsurprised if this was the sort of scenario that has developed.

Or maybe he really did just have a stomach bug.  

Do you seriously get that he’s the type of guy that would down tools based on what his agent says? If so why didn’t he do it in January when we knocked back Charlton? 

talking out your absolute arse here pal 

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

A club would have had to bid in the region of £2 million for him for it to be an acceptable offer if it meant him not playing in the playoffs and essentially giving up on promotion and the financial rewards that comes with it.

Its complete fucking nonsense.

Have you shared your financial wisdom with your own team? It's not often the league above is described as financially rewarding 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

It's not often the league above is described as financially rewarding 

I don't think it's unreasonable that a promotion to the Premiership is worth between £1.25m and £2m when you factor increases in attendances, sponsorship, TV money and other spin offs.

When you consider not so long ago the turnover in our accounts was quoted around £1m, it puts into perspective just how lucrative promotion actually could be.

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Have you shared your financial wisdom with your own team? It's not often the league above is described as financially rewarding 

My club is fully aware of the financial difference between the premiership and the championship. You just need to look at our accounts to see it.

It’s massively rewarding, thought that was pretty obvious. Just look at Livingston. Barely able to take in 4 figure home crowds but have been challenging for the top 6 the last few years.

Not sure what any if that has to do with wild conspiracy bullshit from Ayr fans though.

10 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Do you seriously get that he’s the type of guy that would down tools based on what his agent says? If so why didn’t he do it in January when we knocked back Charlton? 

talking out your absolute arse here pal 

Think you should maybe calm down and read what I actually wrote.

That being said, it’s not unheard of for these things to happen.  Dipo deserves all the credit in the world for not downing tools on us, particularly when his statement on the matter made it clear he wanted the move in January for football and family reasons. He certainly wouldn’t be the first player at Ayr or any other club to prioritise his own needs, particularly nowadays with agents in their ears.

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't think it's unreasonable that a promotion to the Premiership is worth between £1.25m and £2m when you factor increases in attendances, sponsorship, TV money and other spin offs.

When you consider not so long ago the turnover in our accounts was quoted around £1m, it puts into perspective just how lucrative promotion actually could be.

You get £1.2 million for finishing bottom. No idea what the TV revenue is but I imagine that is close to 7 figures too. Then you have the OF sell outs, possibly Ayrshire derby games and since it would be seen as a bit of a novelty going to Somerset in the Premiership you’ll have bigger away crowds than normal. That’s not even taking into account Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen taking bigger numbers anyway.

Sponsorship, Hospitality and probably bigger home crowds too. It’s a massive amount of money.

Actually, £2 mill for Dipo wouldn’t even be enough. That’s basing it on coming straight back down too. As I said it’s complete and utter nonsense that any sort of bid has been accepted for him with a stipulation that he doesn’t play in any more games this season.

Edited by PB1994

Dipo was talking to fans in the stand on Friday and told them he is looking like he will be fit for 2nd leg , anyone thinking he was not playing due to a potential move need to have a word with themselves , some people saying pulled at last minute , in the after game interview Bullen said they had known for 2/3 days that Dipo was not going to make it , perfectly the right thing to do  holding it back from public knowledge and not letting Thistle know until 1 he before kick off that he was not playing 

Edited by Finlay21

40 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

There were numerous rumours kicking about on Thursday about Dipo not playing online 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

There were numerous rumours kicking about on Thursday about Dipo not playing online 

Cheers Robbo, I never knew that.

It always amazes me how these things get out, it has to eminate from within the club or someone connected to the club, which is really disappointing.

From the outside looking in it appears that the guy has got injured and is out. Bullen doesnt want to come out and let the world know that because he needs Partick constantly guessing so saying a 'bug' does that.

There's not a chance you've accepted a bid outwith a window on the eve of your biggest game which has rewards that will far outstrip any transfer fee and agreed to let the boy not take part.

With him being in attendance, I'd hazard a guess he hasn't refused to play, either.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Cheers Robbo, I never knew that.

It always amazes me how these things get out, it has to eminate from within the club or someone connected to the club, which is really disappointing.

I believe it was posted by someone who had seen the training session on Thursday , certainly not within the club , even VOR was not aware until the teamlines  came out that he was not playing , if anyone in the club was going to leak it VOR would have been first to hear 

14 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

From the outside looking in it appears that the guy has got injured and is out. Bullen doesnt want to come out and let the world know that because he needs Partick constantly guessing so saying a 'bug' does that.

There's not a chance you've accepted a bid outwith a window on the eve of your biggest game which has rewards that will far outstrip any transfer fee and agreed to let the boy not take part.

With him being in attendance, I'd hazard a guess he hasn't refused to play, either.

Hmm, far too much sense here. 

10 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Bullshit the fans and the fans lose trust, seems to be what's happening here. Nothing is adding up at all. Bullen is a nice guy, which makes him a bad liar. Something the fans don't know is happening behind the scenes.

I find your posts normally quite entertaining but find this one is a total car crash , what makes you think Bullen is a liar and what things are happening behind the scenes that you think fans should know about around the Dipo situation, VOR let fans know what the Dipo situation was 

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Personally I think there is no reason to think what happened was anything other than rotten luck.  The conspiracy theories are based around the weird press conference on Friday where for no obvious reason doubts about his availability were suddenly raised and dismissed.  We don’t have a dedicated message board for Ayr fans since the old honestpage folded, so P and B tends to very popular with us and I certainly didn’t see anything on here suggesting he might be injured despite suggestions since Friday that it was an open secret and Bullen was only responding to it.

Then you had the Ayrshire Post apparently misreporting it as a back problem, which is almost certainly what Stuart Wilson was told given his relationship with the club, with the BBC then reporting it as illness only for Dipo to pop up in the stand looking completely healthy.  Add in the inexplicable failure by the AU media guys to ask the obvious question in their post match interview about his availability for next Friday mixed in with the general disappointment about a rancid performance and some people can start to think 2+2=5.  I’m still not sure the club has officially said what the problem was - sounds like the back issue was probably correct.

All that being said, it is extremely naive to think that the choreography of Dipo’s inevitable departure is solely within the control of the club.  I hope he is fit to play next week so we can at least give him a decent send off.