The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Ayrfix said:

So what chance a Friyay today? I still want a LB and RB CM and ST.

Reading and McAllister are not up to first choice. 

Yeah well we're only getting one fullback so you're gonna be disappointed 

4 minutes ago, railwayend said:

One of the Smiths or a youth loan from the Premiership ? 

Preferably one of the smiths someone with some experience, Liam would be the better long term choice thou Michael would be a good veteran defender to have in our team that we’ve not really had for a while since Bell/Adams 

I would be more inclined it’s right side as at least we have two proper left backs in Reading and Ecrepont meanwhile we really only have the one proper right back in McAllister then your looking at either Hewitt or Bangala as back up which we’ll is not good enough 

Think one of the problems we have is we do have quite and inflated squad where we need rid of players.  We currently have a squad of 21 first teamers and 6 youth players in and around that team.  Bangala, Hewitt, Ashford, JML should all really have been moved on and you ideally want Reading replaced with Ecrepont as backup.  I don't see many more signings coming that are not loans, we can't have a squad of 23/24 full timers plus 5/6 youth players.

This is sort of the other issue with giving our two year deals it means unless someone buys them or the player agrees to mutual termination we can’t really get rid of them and I don’t see anyone interested in buying a Bangala or Ashford anytime soon

could see Hewitt going out on Loan again and might just be me but I would keep JML as an impact sub at best

Edited by muZZa__44

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Big fan of Bangala but watching him against Dundee just before Christmas nearly gave me a fucking aneurysm.

As soon as he got the first yellow it was obvious to everyone (except Lee Bullen) that the second yellow was due any minute.

Wish I’d put some money on it.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

As soon as he got the first yellow it was obvious to everyone (except Lee Bullen) that the second yellow was due any minute.

The fact Bullen did not sub him off earlier  was IMO the most baffling decision could have brought on Ecrepont or Watret and would have probably played better 

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

This is sort of the other issue with giving our two year deals it means unless someone buys them or the player agrees to mutual termination we can’t really get rid of them

This isn't an issue with giving out 2 year deals, it's an issue with poor scouting leading to giving 2 year deals to the wrong players.

38 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Any of our players getting booked in that game were due being sent off considering that the Dundee players were swarming the ref every time a tackle was made. Bangala was poor in that game but I think the sending off was harsh. 

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

This isn't an issue with giving out 2 year deals, it's an issue with poor scouting leading to giving 2 year deals to the wrong players.

I would agree, maybe the reason Amartey is now on a 1 year plus an extension?  However Ashford was given a 2 year deal last summer for some mental reason then we tried to ship him out in January, along with Hewitt getting a 2 year deal not so long ago as well.  Bangala getting  2  year deal with no one ever seeing him play in real life is an absolute howler from the club.