The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bullen admitted he’d had his head turned in January in fact he said he had “his head up his backside” for a month and that plus many other things contributed to the teams slide in the third quarter. 

I dearly hope every single pronoun in that sentence was intended to refer to Lee Bullen and not the single c**t that kept Lee Bullen in a job this year.

I don't imagine Ecrepont could be feeling worse tonight either.

Edited by Thumper

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I dearly hope every single pronoun in that sentence was intended to refer to Lee Bullen and not the single c**t that kept Lee Bullen in a job this year.

I'm surprised at reports of explicit criticism of players. Less political than I'd expect.

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Very unprofessional if he had a go at Dipo, the lad single handedly made our season, how would he like it if someone stood up at an open forum and criticized him say...you want to have seen the big thick managers performance up at FALKIRK for instance, if I remember he openly mentioned that Tomi Adeloye had issues last year, which at the time I thought disgraceful, maybe Bully should concentrate in getting his teams to play football. 

On the similar subject a director saying any player is shite whether they've left or not is disgusting, again maybe the directors should concentrate on improving the clubs communication,ST administration and in the 21st century their media infrastructure, we maybe are improving but that is incredibly unprofessional. 

Obviously if it was all said, as I wasn't there. 

7 minutes ago, Iain said:

I'm surprised at reports of explicit criticism of players. Less political than I'd expect.

I'm clearly in the haters camp anyway but singling out a) the single reason the club weren't flirting with relegation, who is presumably now confirmed departed and b) an academy graduate is utterly galling cowardice.

My take both above and between the lines :

1. We went for three strikers mentioned plus a big boy from Halifax that LB had worked with at SW 10 years ago , got none . 
2. Murphy has class and experience and LB would like another like that . 
3. LB would love a Scott Brown type nasty boy in the team . 
4. Hewit and Ecrepont are more than likely going out on loan or moving on . 
5. Looking at two new FB’s . 
6. our budget has increased but is mid table . 
7. the hospitality is a huge loss in terms of ££.

8. I think they fancy Saturday night games to maximise income from the hub .

9. LB not liking some players attitudes about dropping down . So clearly sniffing in the Prem (Scottish).

10. Team needs more experience up front but may have to take a punt on another rough diamond from the south . 
11. With 10 mins to go in Inverness the club were looking at a large six figured loss . McKenzies goal had us breaking even .

12. The Falkirk fiasco nearly broke their hearts . But Brighton and Brentford went through the same pain on their journey to the promised land . 

The Q&A's are pointless IMO - much rather have a regular set of structured updates.

The last few replies sum it up - it's absolutely pointless and has zero benefit getting the manager in and asking questions on opinions on specific players.  He's either going to say he doesn't rate them, be non commital, or even over talk them up to try and sound supportive.  None of which are any benefit to anyone 

1 hour ago, Mod1967 said:

Very unprofessional if he had a go at Dipo, the lad single handedly made our season, how would he like it if someone stood up at an open forum and criticized him say...you want to have seen the big thick managers performance up at FALKIRK for instance, if I remember he openly mentioned that Tomi Adeloye had issues last year, which at the time I thought disgraceful, maybe Bully should concentrate in getting his teams to play football. 

On the similar subject a director saying any player is shite whether they've left or not is disgusting, again maybe the directors should concentrate on improving the clubs communication,ST administration and in the 21st century their media infrastructure, we maybe are improving but that is incredibly unprofessional. 

Obviously if it was all said, as I wasn't there. 

I don't think he was having a go at Dipo, more explaining the turmoil he was going through during that time. The club offered him support but he declined. 

Another couple of points I just remembered. 

Smith enquired about purchasing the land behind the railway end, it is owned by a big German corporation that have placed a massively over-inflated value on what is essentially waste ground. They would have to take a massive hit to sell it to Ayr. Unlikely at the moment. 

In fairness to Mathie, he has arranged several initiatives with local groups. One coming up will be announced shortly. He have details but I am not sure there is any benefit mentioning it here, probably better to wait till the clubs announce it. 

Burnley deal is dead, there has been no contact between the two clubs in about a year. 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Burnley deal is dead, there has been no contact between the two clubs in about a year. 

Guessing that came as a shock to nobody in the room? Always felt a bit weird, basically pretending to be something that wasn't just a scouting exercise on behalf of Burnley trying to hoover up youth talent. 

Got the feeling that every penny is a prisoner this season . They talked about how important away fans are and Airdrie , Pars will bring more than Cove and Accies , who brought nothing . Talked about a Thistle. Game getting move for the Queens death , costing us about £20k . They also seem pretty chuffed with old 500 club , whose numbers are pushing over 200 and are set hand over £10k in August and again at Christmas. There seems to be a push to get numbers going up even more . I really would be huge to get out this LC group , starting with a win today .  

Nah, I'm all for Bullen having open, frank words about players.  

Maybe what happened behind closed doors will come out once we have the cash but there was certainly at least one ludicrous situation. 

I'd only say that you could never tell on the pitch with Dipo.  

I came back from the Q&A almost feeling like it was a waste of time.

Mathie is confident at talking but when you analyse it, there's not too much substance there.

Bullen thinks Paddy is good enough and just had a below par season. Ooft.
He also made out that we have 3 for the right back position. Yet, for 2 of them (McCallister and Hewitt) that's not their actual position and the other is 16 years old. His "good guy" mask slipped when the Partick game and lacked communication was brought up which seemed to hit a nerve. "Were you at Inverness!!!?". Wow. He then tried to bring it back and gave it the token "fair point" a few times and lowered his tone.

None of the questions I felt offered any worthwhile information when answered that we didn't already know.

There's always one guy who thinks it's all about him and that seemed to just asked his own 20 questions in the middle of other people's questions.

It was fine but I wouldn't be in a rush to return for next year's.

1 hour ago, Bowl-of-chilli said:

None of the questions I felt offered any worthwhile information when answered that we didn't already know.

There's always one guy who thinks it's all about him and that seemed to just asked his own 20 questions in the middle of other people's questions.

It was fine but I wouldn't be in a rush to return for next year's.

You’re never going to get an exclusive on players at these events but there is often snippets and clues if the right questions are asked , and yeah the dude at the front thought he was at a one to one or a Pdr session . 
I think it was more of a state of the nation and a rallying call . The club is in the same boat as the majority of the league and in better shape than some . However there are three clubs out in front and will occupy top for slots most likely. 

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

If Ecrepont hasn't already got the hint this might help him work it out tbf. Thought he should have been given the jersey in some of our bounce games but now we know why. He really needs game time to give himself the best chance of making a living out of it. Likewise any wages we can free up can be put to good use also 

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

Got the feeling that every penny is a prisoner this season . They talked about how important away fans are and Airdrie , Pars will bring more than Cove and Accies , who brought nothing . Talked about a Thistle. Game getting move for the Queens death , costing us about £20k . They also seem pretty chuffed with old 500 club , whose numbers are pushing over 200 and are set hand over £10k in August and again at Christmas. There seems to be a push to get numbers going up even more . I really would be huge to get out this LC group , starting with a win today .  

That will be the same with most clubs. Money is drying up in every day life for all and not many companies will avoid it. The timing of our new capital investment also couldn't be any worse but difficult to time these things 

8 hours ago, Hursty said:

The Q&A's are pointless IMO - much rather have a regular set of structured updates.

The last few replies sum it up - it's absolutely pointless and has zero benefit getting the manager in and asking questions on opinions on specific players.  He's either going to say he doesn't rate them, be non commital, or even over talk them up to try and sound supportive.  None of which are any benefit to anyone 

Will a 10 minute monthly update from Mathie offer more insight? It might improve my knowledge of big words but not about what's actually being going on. Perhaps this is what happens when a club develops and becomes more corporate. Reading the posts there was plenty taken away but it had to be interpreted first. At least Bullen seems to still talk more openly and not deliver a business speak answer