The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

As much as someone on here last night said that Bullen claimed to be taking the league cup more seriously this year as you say above they haven't even attempted to build a team to get out the group.  

Aye Bullen said he’d take it more seriously but the strength of the squad isn’t reflected in that. We should be doing better against a lower league side but the actual players we need aren’t there. Mark McKenzie isn’t a winger and I don’t think either he nor Amartey are good enough to play up front themselves. The midfielders we’ve got are all too similar as well with very penetration or creativity. 

I’d say besides three or four in the squad, the actual players are okay but they are lacking a couple of standouts that can make us better. You just have to hope that the money we’ve received isn’t completed wasted. 

Aye that was largely awful. There's a few of our squad that look perfectly at home against L1 opposition. Really lacking in parts, get the feeling that we need 4 at least to even be competitive in the championship.

Stirling haven't looked very good but have cause us problems (admittedly almost all self inflicted) and the goal they scored was taken well.

Stirling seem to be targeting the wide areas with early balls. Ayr seem to have no discernible strategy at all. Frustrating when Smith is showing for a simple pass from the keeper and Albinson shells it long to the Stirling defenders instead.

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

Stirling seem to be targeting the wide areas with early balls. Ayr seem to have no discernible strategy at all. Frustrating when Smith is showing for a simple pass from the keeper and Albinson shells it long to the Stirling defenders instead.

Was thinking that myself. If we have a game plan here it's not being actioned very well. Don't seem to have any particular approach.

We can retain the ball well in the midfield with the likes of Murdoch and Smith, but we have no forward momentum to break down a defence, that's what we need.

Edited by AuAl

Just now, AuAl said:

Was thinking that myself. If we have a game plan here it's not being actioned very well. Don't seem to have any particular approach.

We can retain the ball well in the midfield with the likes of Murdoch and Smith, but we have no forward momentum to break down a defence, that's what we need.

The fact they swapped Amartey and McKenzie so early suggests whatever the plan was, it wasn't working. They've worked a few two on ones down the left especially, but the midfielders aren't gambling on crosses coming in. Set pieces look like our best shot to score.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Bryden on at half time

Great. 

Fully hoping I look like a moron at full time, but that one of our signings is being replaced by Bryden is hugely worrying. I don’t overly know what they looked at with Amartey, as it was hard to find anything positive. 

Feels like the players are struggling to create good angles to receive the ball in attacking areas, means they keep getting forced wide or back without the defenders having to do much.

6 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

VOR saying we’re playing a 4-1-4-1. We don’t have a number 9 in the team never mind one that can thrive on his own. Why the f**k are we isolating someone like that then.

We have lots of shit strikers though, so it would just be putting more shit players on the pitch having two of them…