The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Shibuya said:

I'll bet they watched the Nice highlights on YouTube where he looks sensational, I actually can't believe it's the same player. In saying that, Gondoh and JML also looked like good players on YouTube. 

That's even worse if they fell for that.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He was signed solely on the recommendation of Bullen's pal, right? there's no way they done their 'homework' on him like they claim. They deserve all they get tbh, very sloppy work.

Completely ludicrous signing all round.  Here's to the next.  

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Disallowed. 

Fair enough if it had been disallowed earlier but it happened after Willie Collum had signalled a goal and the teams were lined up for the re-centre.  Shambles. 

52 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

So you'd say Amartey is a replacement for JML and Daire, rather than Dipo?

Aye I think he’s most likely going to be used as a wide player although that might change if we sign another winger (which we should). 

4 good players needed and we’ll be absolutely fine this season imo. 

18 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Fair enough if it had been disallowed earlier but it happened after Willie Collum had signalled a goal and the teams were lined up for the re-centre.  Shambles. 

If you see the coverage he was offside due to McKenzie touching the ball, assistant referee never saw the touch that’s why his flag did not go up , don’t mind if it takes a little longer to make decision when he is proved right , would applaud the decision if he gave against the opposition 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

He's been a revelation for us since signing and has started this league Cup campaign very well. Easily one of our most important players.

Never seemed to get injured either from what I can remember which bodes well for you too.  Was one Jamie MacDonald save in a Derby away from going down as a proper legend. 

The lad Bangala surely can't be a real footballer. That was a hilarious cameo.

I thought we were good for a draw, nothing really in the game and not a lot of goal mouth action at either end.

Murphy still looked a bit of class but apart from that Ayr look to have a job on their hands replacing Dipo.

All the best for the season.

23 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

I was not convinced it should have been disallowed at the time. Will need to watch the highlights. 

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Never seemed to get injured either from what I can remember which bodes well for you too.  Was one Jamie MacDonald save in a Derby away from going down as a proper legend. 

That would have been remembered as one of the absolute great Ayr United goals. It was a brilliant run.

Always thought he was underrated for us. Good reliable midfielder. 

Edited by Richey Edwards

54 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That would have been remembered as one of the absolute great Ayr United goals. It was a brilliant run.

Always thought he was underrated for us. Good reliable midfielder. 

100%.   Crawford will be one of the better midfielders in the league this season IMO and its annoying he plays for one our fellow possible bottom half sides.

Bryden looks to be strengthening up and showed some nice touches and link up play in the final third along with a good finish for the disallowed goal.

I think Murphy can really help Reading this year, they linked up well down the left with Reading getting to the byline a few times. Murphy's so composed on the ball and you can tell he's played at a much higher level.

Stanger looks so calm and composed on the ball for a player just stepping up to full time football and looks to keep things simple when he's in possession. Will he be allowed to dribble out of defence in the Championship though?

For a L2 team I thought Stenhousemuir looked a tidy side, we needed a 2nd goal badly as the game wore on but overall there were some decent individual and collective signs with hopefully 3 or 4 still to come in.