The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I probably won't enter the stadium till 3pm on the dot to avoid the Somerset Boab circus. What are the pubs in Troon like? 

Average.

In order of nearest to furthest from Portland Park, assuming you aren't a member of the Masons. 

Nearest to the stadium is McKays, big beer garden. Decent beer selection
Girvans, like the muppet show
Lonsdale, decent pint. Working mans pub, no womens toilet in the bar, they have to go to the lounge at the back if they need a piss. 
Lido, Buzzworks place, more of a restaurant.
Number 47, ok
Anchorage, decent size, decent beer
Harbour Bar, good pub, decent food.  
Scotts, see Lido

On 18/07/2023 at 22:59, ayrunitedfw said:

Although we've took 5/6 points so far we're still miles aff it. We're still in need of a LB,RB,CAM,Winger and a striker prior to the league stating on 5th August . Failure to get that should result in Mathie and Glendinning being emptied imo. 

Mathie? Really 🤯 Guys the only one on the board with half a brain of how to run a club. He’s obviously still learning himself but by f**k is the club not being run more professionally than it has in years since he came in 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye but what’s his opinion on Aiden McGeady? 

I've been too busy deleting my past tweets about McGeady posted with my Scotland fan goggles on years ago to ask haha.  

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

McGeady to headbutt Bullen mid game sometime in December, frustrated at his tactics and team selection. Again. Mutual agreement to leave the club in January.

Which one?

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t help but wonder if we’ve just announced Bullen’s replacement today. 

Temporary replacement. Does have a whiff of that about it. Same way when Duffy was announced as Hopkins assistant.