The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not sure about anyone else, but I’m absolutely fascinated to get a glimpse of McGeady on Tuesday night. Chances are we won’t see very much of him, but I’m pretty confident when we do that he’ll be too good for our level. 

It surely also confirms that we won’t be quite as industrial this season, as you can’t be chasing second balls quite as much with the age of our attacking midfielders. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I’m absolutely fascinated to get a glimpse of McGeady on Tuesday night. Chances are we won’t see very much of him, but I’m pretty confident when we do that he’ll be too good for our level. 

It surely also confirms that we won’t be quite as industrial this season, as you can’t be chasing second balls quite as much with the age of our attacking midfielders. 

I haven't seen him play for a number of years, but he was a really good player in his day. Not many of our players have a FIFA skill move named after them - the McGeady spin.

I don't expect him to start every game but If he has even a small semblance of the player he once was then he could be an inspired addition.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I haven't seen him play for a number of years, but he was a really good player in his day. Not many of our players have a FIFA skill move named after them - the McGeady spin.

I don't expect him to start every game but If he has even a small semblance of the player he once was then he could be an inspired addition.

I’m just going off comments of others really, but when Hibs signed him last season it was seen as an inspired signing and from what people said he was good for them on the rare occasions he was seen. Interesting to see for ourselves though…

Three of international experience in our side now!

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m just going off comments of others really, but when Hibs signed him last season it was seen as an inspired signing and from what people said he was good for them on the rare occasions he was seen. Interesting to see for ourselves though…

Three of international experience in our side now!

I forgot Murphy got capped tbh. Couple of caps in the ill-fated 2nd McLeish era.

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

He'll be like Murphy but less explosive, so he'll look slower. The McGeady who could dribble past folk for fun disappeared while still at Sunderland.

Its really odd having him and Murphy and id surprised if theyre on the pitch together often, if at all.

Nice interview there with Timmins, what a sound bloke. Looking forward to seeing who is replacing him, I've a feeling it will be a left field appointment. 

I went looking for McGeady highlights from last season on YouTube and it was slim pickings, hopefully he can keep fit for us. 

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Dimitrios Konstantopoulos following us on twitter could he be the new GK coach?

Screenshot_20230724_071139_Wikipedia.jpg

He's also following a certain 3 players on Instagram. Imagine the kit man is happy staff only get initials and not surname on their gear.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'll be like Murphy but less explosive, so he'll look slower. The McGeady who could dribble past folk for fun disappeared while still at Sunderland.

Its really odd having him and Murphy and id surprised if theyre on the pitch together often, if at all.

Yeah - I wasn’t expecting that at his age - hoping it is more of a ten position and the two them can link up tbh. Probably technically better than Murphy though?

I've no idea about the financial prowess of Carlisle Utd but as they're a L1 club I'd imagine they have a relatively large amount of spending power and Timmins moving there could potentially open up an avenue between Ayr and them. 

It sounds like he has affection for the club and the staff and that he'll be genuinely missed around the place. Hopefully with that we might see the doors opened between the two clubs like I said.