The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I forgot about him. Was he the badge kisser?

And on Marenghi - aye. I remember him tearing champions league bound Motherwell a new arsehole on his debut and then being a shite sand dancer in every appearance after that.

The meringue.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah against Livingston.

Midfield of Doc, Adams, Crawford and Cairney. 

THE PASSING, THE MOVING, THE TEMPO!!

Edited by D'Jaffo

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the worst Ayr United XI that you could name from say, the last ten years? Plenty of contenders in that timeframe. Would go earlier but you could build a team from the few years of having Watt, Shanks and Connor in charge. 

LINEUP111690498588045.thumb.png.680aa0e7304ee225dac6669d3501fbc8.png

Everyone is getting their in trouble from their maw name for making this team.  

Spoiler

To the best that I could find

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Any of his goals in his second spell. 

I mind the one away at Albion Rovers - 

An absolute screamer at 1:50 and almost an even better one at 3:45 (get the goal line technology out)

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What the f**k is Hutton doing at the first though? I don’t think he gets half the criticism he should. A genuinely abhorrent goalie especially in that season. 

I presume that’s the same game “Wee Slaney” got sent off in cause he couldn’t take a decent touch and ended up going through Boyle. 

Yeah that's the game. An absolutely awful showing. I think Roberts had been sacked a week or so before and we looked doomed. I remember thinking after watching that game there was just no chance we turn it around.

Slane has since said on several occasions he deliberately got himself sent off in that game to prove a point because he couldn't believe he wasn't being played in the team. Some standard of squad eh.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

LINEUP111690498588045.thumb.png.680aa0e7304ee225dac6669d3501fbc8.png

Everyone is getting their in trouble from their maw name for making this team.  

Hide contents

To the best that I could find

Oh ya fucker I forgot about Andre Wright. 

Parker's bicycle kick is the best goal ever scored in football. So good in fact that it causes everyone to forget about his first in that game, an absolutely perfect postage-stamp free kick over the wall.

That game also has the distinction of featuring the worst goal ever, Ross Robertson's late penis deflection from a yard out. Still counts.

Just now, Thumper said:

Parker's bicycle kick is the best goal ever scored in football. So good in fact that it causes everyone to forget about his first in that game, an absolutely perfect postage-stamp free kick over the wall.

That game also has the distinction of featuring the worst goal ever, Ross Robertson's late penis deflection from a yard out. Still counts.

What a game that was. That kept us away from automatic relegation I think, with QOS going straight down instead.

Then we totally fucked it against Airdrie in the playoffs.

image.png.2dd987e7cd284fee77351a3566a04e36.pngnot sure when this was confirmed but seems to be Carter Jenkins and Dario Viviani are away on Loan to Gretna 

both started against East Kilbride in a 7-0 Loss, at least they'll get gametime which is most important

Edited by muZZa__44

9 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

image.png.2dd987e7cd284fee77351a3566a04e36.pngnot sure when this was confirmed but seems to be Carter Jenkins and Dario Viviani are away on Loan to Gretna 

both started against East Kilbride in a 7-0 Loss, at least they'll get gametime which is most important

Aye I don’t think it was confirmed anywhere. 

I think we’ll see a few more departures before anyone else signs. 

21 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I see they lost the game before 7-0 as well, consistency is key they say.   

No sure we've done Carter & Dario any favours there.  

25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I see they lost the game before 7-0 as well, consistency is key they say.   

No sure we've done Carter & Dario any favours there.  

judging by recent seasons performances Gretna are defo one of the weaker teams in the Lowland League but i reckon as long as the boys get game time can't complain too much

Edited by muZZa__44

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

The POTY event after that was a brilliant night.

I said to Parker that he was a class above during the game and should be playing internationally....he bought me a drink :lol:

Gave Bobo a handshake and told him he was one of my fave all-time Ayr players...he defo was, such a gent and very humble

Most of the players told Jamie McKernon they were going to Elliots, he went in a taxi with two youth players then everyone else went into Ayr

I ended up in McCabes with Moffat and Trouten, with Trouten going on and on about how much of a hero Ched Evans was (LOOOOONG before he'd been acquited...but that's for the Goodwillie thread). Moff was cringing hard and I just nodded and smiled, while making sure no nearby girls had unattended drinks....

3 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Gretna are dugmeat in its purest form. Why we are sending 2 youngsters to be humiliated every week I have no idea.

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

Then I don't know what game Andy Rodgers was playing.  A goal so good that the opposition Centre-Half shakes his hand.

13 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Then I don't know what game Andy Rodgers was playing.  A goal so good that the opposition Centre-Half shakes his hand.

Aye that one's right up there for me.