The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, the quality of opposition needs to be taken into account. I can almost live with Reading's defensive frailties if he would contribute going forward. He's been a lot better at that in the League Cup. It'll be interesting to see how he copes against Morton, ICT & Dundee United.

A wing back works because they push up the park and in theory push back the right sided players to defend.

Reading is a wing back and we played him as a full back last season with little or no protection in front of him most weeks.

If we were going to play that way, we’d have been better playing McGinty or Musonda at left back as Reading isn’t a full back so we shouldn’t have played the way we did with him.

having said that, Reading didn’t improve all season and if anything, got worse.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

The mascot didn't post anything about a player, their club, the nature of the deal, or even an 'imminent'. They literally posted a picture of an animals eyes widening. Robbo on here used to provide more info (as far as he could without compromising the club) and no one lost their shit over him giving morsels of info or hints out. 

At worst the mascot gets a slap on the wrist. At best they've been given the okay to tease. 

They did IMO 

The mascot didn't post anything about a player, their club, the nature of the deal, or even an 'imminent'. They literally posted a picture of an animals eyes widening. Robbo on here used to provide more info (as far as he could without compromising the club) and no one lost their shit over him giving morsels of info or hints out. 

At worst the mascot gets a slap on the wrist. At best they've been given the okay to tease. 

I had a look at his posts, every time he posts a gif, it is in association with an incoming signing, so it is giving a huge benefit of the doubt to say he just happened to post a gif for the first time, purely by random on the same day we made a signing.

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

I meant on here, I can't recall any. In real life maybe, I wasn't aware. If so fair enough. 

There was a few ITK w****r posts directed at Robbo on occasions where  his info wasn’t 100% right. Mostly by fans of other clubs I must say.

his contribution has always and is always appreciated. 

I meant on here, I can't recall any. In real life maybe, I wasn't aware. If so fair enough. 

Nah there was a time he gave us the usual light bit of info on here and a deal fell through and folk were going tonto.  

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Why do some people seem genuinely raging about a panda account posting a GIF about a signing 😂

There was a couple of posts about him posting a gif and f**k all happening and a couple of joke posts about him fucking up. 

Then a flurry of tweets from the panda slagging people on here. 

Some poor fucker signed for the club tonight and the panda has overshadowed it by shithousing 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

There was a few ITK w****r posts directed at Robbo on occasions where  his info wasn’t 100% right. Mostly by fans of other clubs I must say.

Robbo is a legend and I'll hear nothing else on the matter.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nah there was a time he gave us the usual light bit of info on here and a deal fell through and folk were going tonto.  

Robbo wasn't going to lie in that situation, he could only say what he saw. He can't dictate signings.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

It wasn’t it was certain morons in our support that were going nuts because the toderov deal fell through it was mainly Ayr fans 

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A wing back works because they push up the park and in theory push back the right sided players to defend.

Reading is a wing back and we played him as a full back last season with little or no protection in front of him most weeks.

If we were going to play that way, we’d have been better playing McGinty or Musonda at left back as Reading isn’t a full back so we shouldn’t have played the way we did with him.

having said that, Reading didn’t improve all season and if anything, got worse.

He was signed as a left full back. 

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just didn’t think that the food fight between Ayr and East Fife players on a ferry would ever be topped 

Point of order. There was no Ayr v East Fife food fight. The Ayr players were spotless and busy playing cards (and sober). It was East Fife v East Fife (and they were pished).

Just now, RedEd said:

Point of order. There was no Ayr v East Fife food fight. The Ayr players were spotless and busy playing cards (and sober). It was East Fife v East Fife (covered in chicken tikka and potato).