The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We are woefully short of quality. That was a barely deserved win. McGeady and Rose are not match fit, there is a question mark as to whether McGeady will ever get back to full fitness. The Murphy injury just highlights how short we are.

The positives are Reading is back to finding some form and Armaty looked good in the first half. Stanger is clearly our best centre back.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McKenzie gets pass marks for me. Ashford does not. 

Bryden was good for the first 20 minutes when the team as a whole looked good but he then spent the rest of the game chasing high balls which isn’t his game. 

McKenzie brings nothing to the team at all. Yet another game he was completely anonymous. Rose and bryden next week and another striker is needed we are still lacking a goal threat 

Just now, Hursty said:

It's hardly being stated as a fact, just seems strange to me that after being here a few games he's not seen as ready to start.    

Even if Rose is the real deal, we still need another striker.  We can’t possibly go forward with the current options.

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Surely he needs a few starts before they can decide that?

There have been a few that didn't need that - Bangala / Gondoh / Kenyon etc.    I'm probably on to a hiding here as have only seen him in 20 mins v Alloa, just seems weird with the 2 strikers we have starting he's still not seen as ready to take over.  

8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We are woefully short of quality. That was a barely deserved win. McGeady and Rose are not match fit, there is a question mark as to whether McGeady will ever get back to full fitness. The Murphy injury just highlights how short we are.

The positives are Reading is back to finding some form and Armaty looked good in the first half. Stanger is clearly our best centre back.

Rose was instantly a huge improvement - I’m not sure what could be seen to say Rose wasn’t match fit. 

5 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

McKenzie brings nothing to the team at all. Yet another game he was completely anonymous. Rose and bryden next week and another striker is needed we are still lacking a goal threat 

Bryden was non existent too. Neither should be starting next week. 

A win is a win! Delighted to get off the mark today, even if the whole thing was a bit flat. 

We will struggle with Bryden and McKenzie up top as neither are good enough to lead the line yet. I thought Rose looked decent when he came on although he was given very little in terms of service - he did win a few headers which is more than the starting two managed! McGeady looked much better than last week and he will certainly have a role to play, it was just a shame that we didnt get enough bodies near him to feed off his good work. 

Next week is a free hit so I'm hoping we go with Rose from the start and let the boy do his stuff. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Rose was instantly a huge improvement - I’m not sure what could be seen to say Rose wasn’t match fit. 

If it freed up cash for an upgrade, I’d loan both McKenzie and Bryden out.  

24 minutes ago, Highlander601 said:

The negativity on here before a ball was even kicked this afternoon was amazing. The team came second last year, sold their main striker (previously unknown) for good money, invested a lot of money to create a top class playing surface at Somerset, are building a new stand, have built the shop and a bar and provide a pathway for local youth players into the first team. And we won today. A lot of teams in the division would be happy to be in this position. 

Need to have players yo play on the top class surface . Correct about dipo though 

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If I to pick one it’d be bryden. No clue why bullen took him off it was clear to see once he went of we went back to the classic hoofball 

Glad we caught Inverness before their board realises the fat New Cumnock *** doesn’t fart rainbows.

Still far too many crosses coming in which fortunately all flew over everyone in the middle today. We really are clueless as soon as we get the ball to feet over the halfway line. Change still required but a welcome 3 points.

First post troops. Had a bacon and egg piece for my dinner last night 👍.

ICT were rotten today thankfully. Didn't expect us to get anything with that starting XI and was surprised we did. Think every point will be a prisoner this season so it's good to get on the board.

My thoughts on today's game are that McKenzie, Ashford and Bryden starting is a joke. Big Fraz has potential but the other two are just grim.

McAllister was out his depth and spent all his time pointing, shouting and blaming others for his mistakes. Dempsey doesn't add much either.

On the plus side Amartey looks decent, Stanger is excellent, Reading played better than he has done for a while, Big mcGinty defended well but still loves a hoof up the park, McGeady looked sharper and you can see he's class. Big Rose put himself about, won most of his aerial duels and should be starting.

At the minute I'd take an 8th place finish with that squad. Definitely need 3 or 4 new faces in too.

I don't trust Bullen but maybe (hopefully) he'll prove me wrong.

21 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

That's just bollocks, mate.

He's not a great player by any stretch but he works extremely hard for the team and can follow instructions in terms of the manager's game-plan.

I don't like the idea of starting him and Bryden but let's not go over the top in ripping our young players.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

That's just bollocks, mate.

He's not a great player by any stretch but he works extremely hard for the team and can follow instructions in terms of the manager's game-plan.

I don't like the idea of starting him and Bryden but let's not go over the top in ripping our young players.

Without wishing to go all Roy Keane, working hard and following instructions is presumed for a professional football player.  Not something you get a pat on the head for.  We’re at the end of the road with McKenzie.  He’s just not good enough.

Thought Reading played well for the most part, Stanger was excellent. Thought McCallister had a poor first half and put us under pressure a lot.

Smith had a good game, Ashford was off for the first half hour before almost disappearing. 
Bryden won a lot of high balls and McKenzie chased a lot of stuff down but nether did particularly well or looked like scoring.

Rose doesn’t look a mobile forward, don’t think he faced the Inverness goal the whole time he was on the park. He did a lot of the work McKenzie does, put the defence under pressure and won a few headers. Still don’t really know what kind of forward he is yet so it’s hard to judge him yet.

McGeady is an old school left winger who is 37. The amount of folk screaming at him to get involved or do something was getting on my tits. I am not sure what they are expecting from him. On the occasions he was given the ball at his feet and asked to take a man on, he was superb. The 4 on 1 at the edge of the 18 yard box was outstanding and the kind of thing the club should be clipping and sharing online. 
Had the makings of a miserable afternoon but the early goal settled things a bit and Morton’s walk to the title took a stumble as well. 

Just now, Nelson said:

Without wishing to go all Roy Keane, working hard and following instructions is presumed for a professional football player.  Not something you get a pat on the head for.  We’re at the end of the road with McKenzie.  He’s just not good enough.

We’re nowhere near the end of the road with him. He is absolutely fine at this level and was fine today. 

You need players like McKenzie in your squad. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

We’re nowhere near the end of the road with him. He is absolutely fine at this level and was fine today. 

You need players like McKenzie in your squad. 

We know he won’t score many because of the way he and the club play, so you play him with someone who will and play to his strengths.